Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutdown PC and dloclientu.exe

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello all,

Many users when they try to shutdown their computers, at the end of day, they recieve a warning screen for waiting to close programs. One of this files is dloclientu.exe. If they do not take manually action the screen could be open to the next day. Why this situation occurs?

Regards,

Carlos Espinoza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Set it on a schedule instead to avoid this problem.

If it is set to continuous, DLO is scanning the files all the time.  So when the users shutdown the PC, the DLO application is in use and the alert pops up. This is expected behavior. Either the users should acknowledge the alert or run the backups on a schedule.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6

In the Profile, what action is set for the DLO client when the computer shuts down ?

And what is the version of DLO ?

Also, it is expected behavior for OS to provide the warning. Reference - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms700677.aspx

Ideally, the end users should choose force log off or cancel in order for the OS to proceed ahead with its logoff/shutdown sequence.

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks VJware,

I cannot see any options about shutdown inside of Profile. Do you have a tip?

The DLO version is 8.0

VJware
Level 6

Edit the Profile and click on the Schedule tab. The option is named "Logout/Restart/Shutdown options".

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Sorry, for the question. After you said me I remember it. Well, it is in Do nothing.

VJware
Level 6

Is the backup set to run continuously or on a schedule ?

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Continuosly.

VJware
Level 6

Set it on a schedule instead to avoid this problem.

If it is set to continuous, DLO is scanning the files all the time.  So when the users shutdown the PC, the DLO application is in use and the alert pops up. This is expected behavior. Either the users should acknowledge the alert or run the backups on a schedule.