cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some errors appears regarding to “DLO Dedupe Engine” on Windows Event Viewer on PCs Clients.

amutto
Level 4

Dear all,

I have seen on several PC Clients, some error regarding to DLO Dedupe Engine on the Application Event Viewer.

Below you will find some consecutive four errors: 

1- 06/17/2015, 12:58:28:522,  5228,  5232, [Error],"CEngine::IsOnlineReady/(ERRORLOGGER): Error Code = 23022; Error Message = Could not connect to server host."

2- 06/17/2015, 12:58:28:594,  5228,  5232, [Error],"CRESTHashStoreProxy::HandleCommonServerError/(ERRORLOGGER): Error Code = 20045; Error Message = Could not find the session. 
              WebService API = closeSession; No. of hash = 0; "

3- 06/17/2015, 12:58:28:519,  5228,  5232, [Error],"WebServerRequest::RunWebRequest: curl error code = 35; curl error message = Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to PM-DLO:8443 "

4- 06/17/2015, 12:58:28:521,  5228,  5232, [Error],"CRESTHashStoreProxy::HandShakeWithServer/(ERRORLOGGER): Error Code = 23022; Error Message = Could not connect to server host. 
              WebService API = getHandShakeResponse; "

Those errors appears in some PC Clients and I don’t know what happen and what i must do in order to solve those errors.

In addition, I had analyzing the tomcat logs at dedupeserver.log file and I found many errors. Please see a part of the log file attached.

Thank you very much for your help !!

Regards

Alejandro

7 REPLIES 7

amutto
Level 4

Sorry to insist, but anyone has any idea about this problem?

Thanks a lot !!!

Alejandro

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the version of DLO ? Does this occur for all clients or only few ? Is there any pattern amongst the clients such as same OS ?

From the affected client machines, are you able to open these URLs via Internet Explorer -

HTTPS://DedupeServerHostName:8443
HTTP://DedupeServerHostName:8080

Are these affected client machines online i.e. connected to the corporate network ?

amutto
Level 4

Hi VJware,

Thanks for your answer, the version is 7.6, this occur for all client computer, I think, due to I checking almost 15 of 650 clients with this error.

Also i already test dedupe server with https address and OK results (StoreSmart Dedupe Server Status: (20159) Active.)

Yes, these affected on client machines online, we have a corporate network win Domain Controllers.

Any ideas? The status on DLO Agents are OK, running OK, but some time appears this error on Application Event Viewer and DLO Agents do not show any error.

Thank you for your support!

Alex

VJware
Level 6

Are the clients all running Win 7 ? If running Win 8, do the Win 8 clients also have this error ?

Do these clients have the following Microsoft updates installed ?

HF 2732673

HF 2775511

Are there absolutely no errors in the backup job logs of these clients (check the job logs via the DLO Admin Console) ?

amutto
Level 4

Hola VJware,

All PC computers running Win7, we do not have any Win 8 :( 

The MS Update that you mentioned above do not installed on the computers...

The jobs showed on Admin Console are OK. No errors.

Thanks 

Alejandro.

VJware
Level 6

Pls log a support case for an engineer to have a look at your setup. Thanks.

backerupper
Not applicable

I was fighting hundreds of thousands of Dedupe error messages in Windows logs for a few weeks. A few notes: I had problems with 7.6 and upgrading to 8.0 (console and clients) did not help. I had Symantec support walk me through the upgrade due to concerns about 7.6 errors, so I'm pretty sure I did it right. I tested what I could and sent a gather log to DLO tech support. I didn't hear back after that, so decided to delete and re-install. It may seem DLO 8.0 requires dedupe: Do a remove of DLO 8.0 from the server then an install without selecting the Dedupe option and if you don't delete the database files or move them, the next install uses the previous databases and the console still shows Dedupe. To get rid of Dedupe, don't include it in the install and also stop your DLO sql server service and then move the databases to safe keeping. After that, I deleted the Symantec folder in Program Files and installed DLO 8.0 fresh. I also created a new backup folder in case corrupt data in the old location was a problem. On pushing out clients I get a few "Error connecting to remote computer" failures. After the remote install (which seemed to work), no computers showed in the console. Updated share permissions (share permissions were Read for Everyone, I set it to Read/Write for my OU.). Running DLO Agent on client I get an error: Unspecified error. Failed to load configuration settings. For additional information click here. Clicking takes me to a web page that doesn't exist. I verify that I can open the share and write to it, edit documents there, delete documents. I have no users or computers listed, no working backups yet, but so far no more Dedupe error messages ...