cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec DLO 7.5 Dedupe Server and Dedupe Storage Location

shamee
Level 5

Hi,

I am planning to install Symantec DLO 7.5 to use Dedupe feature that available in this. I have one Data Center and many branch offices and want to install in Multiple Sites with Centralised Administration. My question is about Dedupe Server and Dedupe storage location? How many Dedupe server and how many Dedupe Storage locations required in multiple sites with central administration topology? Can some one please help me with best practice around this? Thanks.

Regards,

12 REPLIES 12

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Well

for DLO 7.5 Dedup info. already answered

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/desktop-laptop-option-75-deduplication-and-performanc...

and all the details you can find in the DL 7.5 Admin guide, follow as per admin guide

DLOAdminGuide_EN.pdf

Hope it helps

shamee
Level 5

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The admin guide is not giving any information on Multisite installation. Since i am planning to install this in Multi Site with Central Administration, i am looking for specific information about that.

How can I get a model installation details of the following topology? Can someone make one model implementation by taking Data Center, Head Quater and Branch Offices into consideration?

To arrive at a deployment topology, the following factors must be considered:
1. Total number of sites (Data Centers, Head Quarters, Branch Offices, etc.)
2. Total number of end-points in each site and physical location of the Agents in relation to the servers
3. Connectivity of the end-points (LAN, WAN, Link Speed, etc.)

shamee
Level 5

Hi,

We are facing problem while planning implementation of DLO 7.5. Admin guide dont have details of all tge topologies as its just good for single site installation. Please provide architectural documents ASAP as we already bought licenses but still not using. Thanks.

Regards,

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

1.First thing take support from sym engineer ,by closing the case

http://www.symantec.com/support/techsupp_contact_phone.jsp

Select your region 

United States and Canada

Technical Support Customer Support
Telephone:
+1 800 342 0652 or 520 477 3022
Business Hours:
5:00 am - 5:00 pm PST ( Monday to Friday )
Language:
English

Please have the following information ready when calling Symantec support
  • 12-digit Support ID
  • Full Customer Name
  • Primary Case Contact Name/Phone/Email
  • Product and Version
  • Platform/OS Version
  •  

Telephone:
    800 721 3934 or 541 335 7023
    Business Hours:
    5:00 am - 5:00 pm PST ( Monday to Friday )
    Language:
    English

Symantec.cloud 
     Get technical help by phone
    To find your local phone number 
    Find Symantec.cloud Support Phone Numbers

2.The agents need to be upgraded by push install. It will not be liveupdated.

There are 3 ways of upgrading Symantec DLO 7.0 agents to Symantec DLO 7.5 agents:

1. SMS or Log on Script Method

2. Manual Pull installation by accessing Symantec DLO Administration Server’s agent share

3. Push installation from Administration Console

DLOCommandu.exe now provides an option to print the list of existing agents which helps in creating the list of users in a .txt file which can be used for pushing multiple agents via Push Agents from Administration Console UI

Eg: C:\Program Files\Symantec DLO>DLOCommandu.exe -ListMachines > AgentList.txtThe above Command Line Option would print the list of existing agents to the text file AgentList.txt which can be imported during agent push install from DLO Console UI

Option 3 is recommended as it provides automated upgrade of multiple agents

inn_kam
    Level 6
    Partner Accredited

do u select Install Dedupe Server DURING INSTALLATION

dlo7.5(1).JPG

shamee
    Level 5

Hi Inn_Kam,

I have seen that option in Admin Guid. My question was do i need to install Dedupe server only in Central Management Location ? Or in Sites also? what and all we need to install at sites?

Regards,

shamee
    Level 5

How to install Symantec DLO 7.5 in the followig sites...central management should be at Data Center

1.Data Centers,  - One Data Center

2. around 20 sites (Head Quarters, Branch Offices, etc.)

inn_kam
    Level 6
    Partner Accredited

simple

1.One Data Center  ,,my question which  OS you are using 

Install DLO Server on WIN 2008 OR WIN 2003 R2 server as mentioned in compaitibilty guide

2.20 sites which OS are u using

Install DLO Agents on sites using OS (win xp,win7,win vista )

shamee
    Level 5

what about admin server, database, storage location, etc? how to distribute this Data Center and eah sites?

SSwami
    Level 4
    Employee

Can you please check this link below? there is information on the deployment as well the scale for each server. Let me know if something is still un-answered.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-dlo-75

shamee
    Level 5

Hi,

Can some please tell me the type of communication that happened between backup client and DLO servers? Thanks.

Regards,

davidca65
    Level 2

Does DLO 7.5 allow me to create a dedupe server as oppossed to just adding one? I get an error when adding one that says "The Server Host or port details you have entered is invalid or there is no dedupe server running at the specified location" - is there a windows 2008R2 feature or role I need to install?