cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec DLO Desktop Agent has stopped working

smithj
Level 6

Hi

I have a user who is having a problem starting his DLO agent. Most of the time he gets the error "Symantec DLO Desktop Agent has stopped working".

See attached screenshot.

This is what I've tried:

1) Uninstall Agent and re-install

2) Uninstall Agent, remove Symantec DLO directory from Program Files and AppData directories, re-install

Are there any registry keys that can be removed to ensure that everything related to Symantec DLO is removed?

Also, can you think of any other reasons why it keeps giving this error? Would it be an idea to start the Agent in Compatbility mode?

We're currently using Symantec DLO 7.0 and are not in a position to upgrade to 7.5 at the moment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jimmy

7 REPLIES 7

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,

Refer to this document  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH202649  if you are getting the error described,  here is the workaround from the Technote:

1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Navigate into the path which contains the 'dloclientu.exe' process
3. Rt-click on dloclientu.exe and select 'Properties'
4. Select the 'Compatibility' tab
5. In the 'Compatibility mode' portion of the screen, check the box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'
6. Set the dropdown list to 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)'
7. Click 'Change settings for all users'
8. Click 'OK'

smithj
Level 6

Hi Imosla

I looked into this solution before also, but there's no option to select Windows XP, see attached. Should I select a version of Vista?

Thanks

Jimmy

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes, you can select Vista. If this does not work, would recommend to enable verbose logging and pls DM me the logs.

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

Selecting Vista didn't make a difference.

Also, how do you turn on logging on the client when the issue happens when the client starts up. It will start sometimes, so if I turn on logging when it starts, will this log the problem when it happens again?

Thanks

Jimmy

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,

yes if debugging is enabled it will catch the problem when it occurs again. Just make sure and turn it off after you capture the error in the logs so that the file doesnt continue to grow.  for more information see: How to enable Debugging for Desktop Laptop Option (DLO) http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH51435

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Thanks for the logs Jimmy.

I see crash dump being generated for the DLO Change Log service and the DLO agent as well. I would recommend to log a formal support case for us to review the crash dumps.

smithj
Level 6

Thanks VJware

Jimmy