cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec DLO agent MSI installation via GPO

BurkaBurka
Level 3

Hello,

I'm wondering is there a .msi installation package of DLO agent.

I found a solution there people creates a startup script that executes setup.exe but it's not a solution it's workaround.

Every time a user turns on the computer it runs the .bat file and executes setup.exe and user sees an installation windows of "Microsoft visual C++ 2005" for some seconds and its bothering him. I have manualy remove users from GPO to avoid this problem. If it would be .MSI file, GPO would check if there is installed program and wouldn't start a new installation. And update would be very simple.

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

No, there isn't a .msi file for the agent install, only the setup.exe (There is a  .msi file in the DLOAgent, however it is not recommended to use this file as it does not call the parameters located in the setup.ini)

Did find this though and it may help - http://www.itninja.com/software/symantec/backup-exec-desktop-laptop-option-agent/3-4120

allenjamieson
Level 3

just thinking of a cool way to do this with a batch file

create the batch file, which does an if exist for a file i.e c:\dloupgraded.txt

if the file dosent exist run \\dloserver\DLOAgent\setup.exe

then at the end of the batch file, basically create the dloupgrade.txt file

echo.>"c:\dloupgraded.txt"

so basically the batch file looks for dloupgraded.txt, it dosent exist, then runs the installer and then creates the file on the c drive

next time the script runs, the file is already there so dosent run the install :) 

BurkaBurka
Level 3

It's another workaround. I don't understand is it so hard to do a .MSI installation ?

allenjamieson
Level 3

its another batch file workaround unfortunatly

i dont know why symantec cant do an msi installer, im sure if enough people request it then it may be a possibility for future releases