cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2013 Desktop correct licence key is rejected

gilbey666
Level 3

I have reinstalled from the download from My Veritas and used the generated Key but it is rejected saying:

Info 6C8F1C25 cannot activate this product using license key                      . The licence key is not valid

Please enter the correct licence key

Cannot install licence

Error EC8F17CD, Invalid serial number

Any bright ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

criley
Employee Accredited

@gilbey666

First of all I should mention that you have posted in the wrong forum. This is the DLO forum and here is the link to the System Recovery forum:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/System-Recovery/bd-p/system-recovery

What operating system are you installing on? Can you also confirm the exact version you have installed - look under Help/About for details.

Finally, if you send me your license key details via private message, I can confirm if it's the correct license key or not.

OS is Windows 10 Pro .

I can't get past the key screen but the download was: Sym_System_Recovery_2013_11.0.2.49853_Multilingual_Product (1)

criley
Employee Accredited

@gilbey666

You are seeing this problem because you are using a version of the product that does not support Windows 10.

11.0.2 = SSR 2013 SP2.

You need to upgrade to at least 2013 R2 SP4 or VSR 16 as per http://www.veritas.com/docs/000081200.

So should I use the service pack Symantec_System_Recovery_11.1_SP4_Patch_64.zip with the download I already have?

Also, sorry for posting in wrong area.

criley
Employee Accredited

Do you have a license key for 2013 R2?

The product has previously worked on this Win 10 machine so assume it is the R2 version, originally purchased March 2013.

Tried running the patch but it says it can not be run on this machine, contact customer support.

criley
Employee Accredited

The patch won't install if you are not already running 2013 R2.

Go to Help/About and confirm the exact version you have installed - it sounds like you have 2013 (non R2) which is not supported with Win10.

I think you are correct, but this is what downloads from my account, frankly I've given up and upgraded to the version 16. But thanks for helping.