cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dedupe details you have entered is invalid or there is no dedupe server running at the specified location.

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi,

I encountered this error "The dedupe details you have entered is invalid or there is no dedupe server running at the specified location." The scenario is used Remote SQL, so I have 2 machines the SQL Server and the DLO Server. My question is there is a posibility that I might need to change the HTTP and HTTPs Port or there is another reason why I encoutered this error?

Hoping that someone reply. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes, there may be a possibility. Try the following:-

1) Open server.xml file located in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DedupeServer\Tomcat\conf path.If the ports are to be changed, change it in this file.

Change all occurences of 8080 and 8443 to another desired port for HTTP and HTTPS. Restart all services for changes to take effect.

2) Another reason for this error could be due to user account being used.

Confirm both the SQL service and the DeDupe service are using the same user account. Also, run the following commands from the command prompt - 

As an example: -

sqlcmd.exe -E -l 60 -S <SERVERNAME>\SQLEXPRESS -d DedupeDB -Q "EXEC sp_addsrvrolemember 'testdomain\DBAdmin1', 'sysadmin'"

Here add the user name under which both the SQL service and the DeDupe service run.

-------------------------------------

sqlcmd.exe -E -S <SERVERNAME>\<INSTANCENAME> -l <TIMEOUT>-d DedupeDB -Q "UPDATE user_info SET user_name='<DOMAIN\USERNAME>'"

Here add the DLO Admin account. Fill in the rest of the details as appropriate and set timeout as 60.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

VJware
Level 6

Yes, there may be a possibility. Try the following:-

1) Open server.xml file located in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DedupeServer\Tomcat\conf path.If the ports are to be changed, change it in this file.

Change all occurences of 8080 and 8443 to another desired port for HTTP and HTTPS. Restart all services for changes to take effect.

2) Another reason for this error could be due to user account being used.

Confirm both the SQL service and the DeDupe service are using the same user account. Also, run the following commands from the command prompt - 

As an example: -

sqlcmd.exe -E -l 60 -S <SERVERNAME>\SQLEXPRESS -d DedupeDB -Q "EXEC sp_addsrvrolemember 'testdomain\DBAdmin1', 'sysadmin'"

Here add the user name under which both the SQL service and the DeDupe service run.

-------------------------------------

sqlcmd.exe -E -S <SERVERNAME>\<INSTANCENAME> -l <TIMEOUT>-d DedupeDB -Q "UPDATE user_info SET user_name='<DOMAIN\USERNAME>'"

Here add the DLO Admin account. Fill in the rest of the details as appropriate and set timeout as 60.

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi VJware,

Greetings.

When I do your first suggestion, message prompt "access denied" What should I do?

I really had to do this? Even there is no other running application except to the DLO?

DLO Erorr2.jpg

Thanks for your respond, hope I can fix this :(

VJware
Level 6

If no other application is using those ports, then the first step is not needed.

Are the services stopped before trying to edit the file ?

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

What services? You mean the Symantec DLO Admin Services and Symantec DLO Maintenance Services? Yes the services was stop before triggering the changes for occurences. There is another solution for my problem? :(

Thanks for your respond, hope will fix this problem.

VJware
Level 6

Yes, the DLO Admin & Maintenance services + the DeDup services + SQL services used by DLO and DeDup are to be stopped before editing the server.xml file.

Again, if there is no port conflict, then no need to edit this file. Instead run the above queries which I mentioned first to grant appropriate permissions.

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

How can I confirm if the user account that I am using in both SQL Services and DeDupe Services are the same, if I dont have any Dedupe? I dont have any Dedupe Server Configured in my DLO Console, but I installed it completely together with the Administration Console in the same server

Server: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit

I am getting confused :( I am sorry, I am only a newbie. Hope you can help me with my problem.

Thanks for helping VJware.

VJware
Level 6

The DeDupe services will get installed when you install DLO.

Open services.msc and browse to the SQL and the DeDupe services. Check the "Log On As " account used by these two services. They should be the same.

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Greetings VJware,

My problem is now solved. The scenario is this of course I have my 2 Machines the DLO Server and the SQL Server (I use Remote SQL) which I encountered the error. So I tried to create a new Virtual Machine as my new DLO Server then I installed the SQL Express as well as the DLO it self with the same server. (I used Existing SQL) just to see the difference of "Remote SQL and Existing SQL".

Note: This 3 machines are in the same Domain.

Now the installation of SQL and DLO are now successful, so now I have 3 Machines the Old DLO Server, the SQL Server and the New DLO Server with its own SQL. Going back to Old DLO Server, I've wondered when I tried to "Add a new Dedupe Server" in my Old DLO Server I tried to use the server name as well as the hostname and the IP Address of the newly created DLO then the operation was SUCCESSFUL.

Can you please tell me how does it happened? I'm really confused. But yes all of your comments are correct because I've already do that in my First Installation if DLO and it was smooth unlike in this Second One installation.

Thanks for helping VJware

Best Regards,

VJware
Level 6

Possibly, because the new DLO server has successful permissions & communication with its local SQL server and thereby was able to add a new DeDupe server on the old DLO server.