cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The wizard was interrupted before installation symantec dlo client could not be completely installed

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

Hi.

We have the same issue here with verion 8.
 Funny thing seems that we cant install manually on Dell laptops, like M388 and Latitude 7250 but works on Lenovo machines...

We use SCCM to distribute win 7 ent. 64 bit.
 Users are local admin and UAC are disabled...

Attached is a log file from a failed installation on a brand new Dell.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

Hey, we can live with using Silent install... Just changing the line in setup.ini from CmdLine= /qf  to CmdLine= /qn

Br.

Morten

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

btw. We can push an installation from the DLO server to the DELL laptops...

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Based upon the install log,

1) Is VS2010 SP1 redistributable installed on the client machine ?

2) Is Windows BitLocker enabled on the client machine ?

And yes, you can push install the DLO Agent from the DLO server. From the DLO Admin Console UI, click on Tools - Install Agents...

Prior to a push install, pls ensure Remote Registry service is running on the client machines. And if a firewall exists, pls allow the following services -

File and printer sharing
Windows Management Instrumentation, and
Remote service management

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

1. VS2010 is installed, but not in a SP1 version..? - We tried to update the VS2010 to SP1, with no luck.

2. Bitlocker not enabled

Sorry I wrote it the wrong way: we CAN push and installation to the machines from the server, but not perform manual install on the client, even with domain admin rights..

Firewall is disabled while on our domain..

Br. Morten

VJware
Level 6

Do you receive any error when trying to update VS2010 to SP1 ?

And what error do you receive during a local install of the DLO agent ? Would you pls post the DLO install log ? Thanks.

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

Im sorry for the late reply, but imaging the machines takes  alot of time...
When a clean image is created the pc has Visual C++ 2005, 2010 and 2013 installed (x86 and X64 versions)

And installation of DLO fails...

Running windows update to install general patches and SP1 for Visual C++2010 is successfull but DLO fails...

Attached is the log from both installations...

Still it possible to push the installation from the DLO server....

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

More strange behaivior:
After a successfull push installation I wanted to remove DLO via Programs and Features.... It starts the installer, but after pressing No or Yest to Delete DLO userdata, the windows dissapear and installation stops with no informal message...

But if I access the network installation share on the DLO server and run setup.exe I can succelfully un-install the DLO agent...

VJware
Level 6

Based on the logs, I would recommend to log a formal support case.

A workaround may be to run a silent install by modifying the setup.ini file. Have a look @ the section titled "Desktop Agent Installation Options" of the Admin Guide for instructions. Thanks.

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

Hey, we can live with using Silent install... Just changing the line in setup.ini from CmdLine= /qf  to CmdLine= /qn

Br.

Morten