cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to DLO Administration Server.Failed to load configuration settings

ravishankar_m02
Not applicable

Hi I am getting the below attached error message.I checked in forums and i have been advised to edit the registry file to resolve the issue.I have 1000 Machines in my office.It will be very difficult for me to edit 1000 machines which will take atleast a months time to resolve this issue.Can you please guide me to resolve it all machines at once.

DLO_Unable to connect to server_error message_0.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you have a domain in place (which you should) have you looked at making this change via Group Policy? Or if you have SCOM this can be done that way.

Other than that, this isn't a DLO question, more a Microsoft question.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If this affecting all DLO clients, then the DLO installer package which contains a file named setup.ini probably did not have accurate information. (Information regarding the DLO server, DLO DB etc).

Edit the setup.ini file which is located under \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DLOAgent\ of the DLO media server.

Look if the DEFAULTMEDIASERVER, DEFAULTDATABASESERVER entries are accurately populated or not. If not, you can correct them and re-push the DLO agent to your client machines instead of editing the registry manually at each machine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you have a domain in place (which you should) have you looked at making this change via Group Policy? Or if you have SCOM this can be done that way.

Other than that, this isn't a DLO question, more a Microsoft question.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If this affecting all DLO clients, then the DLO installer package which contains a file named setup.ini probably did not have accurate information. (Information regarding the DLO server, DLO DB etc).

Edit the setup.ini file which is located under \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DLOAgent\ of the DLO media server.

Look if the DEFAULTMEDIASERVER, DEFAULTDATABASESERVER entries are accurately populated or not. If not, you can correct them and re-push the DLO agent to your client machines instead of editing the registry manually at each machine.

Mike_L_
Level 2

I found this to be a DNS issue and resolved by adding the IP/DLO server name ot the Host file.  This is a work around as it should be fixe din the DNS server directly.

Nishant_p
Level 4
Partner Accredited

i am having same issue , this occurred after installed the agent , i have tried all above mention but still there issue, 

Thank you for this solution. This idea solved for me this issue.