cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User stuck in Delete Pending state

smithj
Level 6

Hi

I have a user that I'm trying to delete and they're stuck in "Delete Pending" state for the last few days.

I am in the process of deleting many users and had to manually delete some NUDFs to complete this task more quickly.

This user is the last one and I want to retire the storage location, but am unable to as it's stuck in "Delete Pending" state.

I have looked at the below article on how to delete the user from the DB:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH138374

But I am unable to locate the BEUTILITY feature to carry out this. Is there an updated document detailing how to do this?

Can I use the DLOcommandu feature?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jimmy

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can use DLOcommandu and an example command would be:-

DLOCommandu -DeletePendingUser -U username

smithj
Level 6

Thanks VJWare

That removed the user and computer from the DLO console, but the folder is still in the NUDF and I am unable to delete it as it still thinks the DLO server is trying to access it. I deleted other folders in the storage location fine. I've also tried deleting the folders from the command line as Administrator and this doesn't work. The storage location is a NetApp filer. I've also restarted the DLO server and services to see if that would work, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jimmy

VJware
Level 6

What error do you receive when you manually try to delete the user's folder from the NUDF ?

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

Deleting from the folder, I get

Folder Access Denied:

You need permission to perform this action.

You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder  

.notify

Deleting from the command line, I get:

Notify folder - Access is denied.

Computer folder - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Thanks

Jimmy

VJware
Level 6

A bit crude but, are you able to delete the NUDF folders with the DLO services being stopped ?

If unable to delete even with the DLO services not running, pls ensure the "Administrator" account which is used has full security & sharing permissions.

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

I'm unable to delete the NUDF folder with the services stopped, still get the same messages.

I'll need to talk to the guys that Administrate the NetApp filers to see if they can delete the folder. I don't have Admin access to the parent folders

Thanks

Jimmy

Jake_Lundwall
Level 3

Hi guys,

I have a quick follow up question. I'm wondering if the -DeletePendingUser switch is only available in the newest version of DLO. I'm running v7.0 and it's not in the manual and is not recognized by DLOCommandu.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6

Hiya Jake,

I don't have a test system handy, but i believe you are right. This switch was reintroduced in DLO 7.5 onwards if i recall.