cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users unable to launch DLO after domain name change

smithj
Level 6

Hi

We changeed a domain name from domainA to domainB. Users on domainA have been deleted from the DLO console and re-added to domainB. Users then logon to their systems with the domainB credentials and when the DLO agent launches, it give the following message:

Currently authecticated to BACKUPSERVER as domainA\user1.

authenticating as different user will disconnect domainA\user1

*    Use this account:

Username: _________________

Domain:  __________________

Password: ___________________

O     Disable this account:   domainB\user1

Don't automatically start the Desktop Agent at startup when

logged in to this computer

When I try to enter in the username and domain details for domainB in the available boxes it fails. Should the username be entered as domainB\user1?

I have also uninstalled everything from the agent system and re-installed under the new domain, but still this happens. Is there something on the DLO server that needs to be done when changing domain names?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jimmy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

Thanks as always for your response.

I got this resolved yesterday by removing the users from DLO, restarting the DLO services and then re-installing the agent on client systems.

Thanks

Jimmy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Ideally, if users are being migrated to a new domain,  a DLOcommandu cmdlet is to be run which makes multiple changes such as updating the user SID in the DLO's DB.

On the DLO Admin server, open a cmd and browse to the DLO directory. Run the following command if all users were migrated to new domain:-

DLOCommandu -MigrateDomain -OD <OldDomainName> -ND <NewDomainName> -U *

If this doesn't help, pls provide me the DLO version and have only users changed domain or has the DLO server along with the storage locations have ?

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

Thanks as always for your response.

I got this resolved yesterday by removing the users from DLO, restarting the DLO services and then re-installing the agent on client systems.

Thanks

Jimmy