cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win server 2012 DLO 7.5 migration

Apd_Group
Level 3

Hi All,

I have been following this article (https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH217373.html) to migrate our DLO 7.5 to a new server (both on server 2012).

I have managed to get all the way to the point 12

(12) On the old Server use the following command line utility to move all clients to the new media server. 
From a CMD prompt from the Symantec DLO folder:
DLOCommandu -ChangeServer -M <media server> -A  (Where <media server> is the name of the new Media Server)

So i run the following in an administration cmd window:  "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DLOCommandu.exe" -ChangeServer -M APP01 -A

But i get the following result for all users: Failed to post media server notification change to <domain>\<user> Error=0x43

I have tried disabling the firewall's and AV's both ends to no avail, so any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Mark.

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just to confirm - You are running this command on the old media server, right ?

Also, are you logged on to the server using the same account under which the DLO administration service is running ?

Apd_Group
Level 3

Hi VJware,

Yes this is on the old media server and yes im loging is as the domain administrator under which that service runs.

I can run this cmd on the new media server with no errors (just for a bit more information)

VJware
Level 6

And has all the data migrated to the new storage location, before running this command ?

If yes, pls log a formal support case for an engineer to have a look @ your setup.

Apd_Group
Level 3

This is the only point where i differ from the instructions.

My backups where stored on removable media, so to save the time of copying everything over i have just unplugged the removable media (5TB USB HUB) and attached it to the new server and pointed its storage location there.

VJware
Level 6

I believe the command is erroring out since there isn't an existing (old) NUDF for the agents to connect to.

If possible, i would recommend to redo the previous step as per the article else the alternative would be to edit the registry on every DLO client to reflect the new media server name.

Apd_Group
Level 3

what would be the steps required to update everyones registry as we only have 30 users? as this would be quicker then a transfer of nearly 2TB of data.

EDIT: or i have seen somewhere about "pushing the client software from the new server?

VJware
Level 6

On each DLO client machine, exit the DLO Agent. Using a Registry Editor, browse to :-

64-bit clients:-
Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec DLO\Client
Key: DefaultMediaServer

Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DB
Key: DBServer

If needed, change the value of DBName / DBInstance as well.

32-bit clients:
Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec DLO\Client
Key: DefaultMediaServer

Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DB
Key: DBServer

Launch the DLO Agent. If everything is fine, it should launch without any errors.

You can re-push the DLO client from the DLO server, however its recommended to uninstall the existing install and then run a push install. This will involve lot of reboots and a registry edit option will be comparatively easier.

Apd_Group
Level 3

Hi VJware,

Many thanks for your help and swift response. Most user have successfully changed server, but a few machines are requiring a fresh instal of the client from the new server. Either way i am happy that my issue has been resolved so you can close this ticket off.

Many many thanks