Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup inquiries

Sirconfluge
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

Can you please advise regarding the below:

1. Can we configure DLO to send emails and reports to different users . If yes how can i do it?

2. Can i send the profiles backed up to the same deduplication folder created for the media server.

3. what is the maximum dedupe storage size can i create

4. In case the Media server is on location A and the remote server & the destination backup are on location B (both connected over WAN)... can you please explain how the communication will be established between both sites,once the job is running.

5. Can we export the configuration of DLO profiles, in case we want to move to another media server.. Can i have the steps please.

Thank you in advance.

Sircon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...moved to the correct forum, and I have made this public. If you tag it as PartnerNet Group, then ONLY people belonging to that group can see it.

To answer some of the questions:

1. You should be able too...you'd have to configure different recipients and then assign these recipients to specific jobs.

2. Are you referring to a Backup Exec media server? I would then assume no with DLO now being a completely separate backup application. BE would maintain the dedupe folder meaning no other application would be able to access it.

3. BE 2012 supports up to 32TB of dedupe folder space so DLO should be around that size too...the Admin Guide should have more information on this.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...moved to the correct forum, and I have made this public. If you tag it as PartnerNet Group, then ONLY people belonging to that group can see it.

To answer some of the questions:

1. You should be able too...you'd have to configure different recipients and then assign these recipients to specific jobs.

2. Are you referring to a Backup Exec media server? I would then assume no with DLO now being a completely separate backup application. BE would maintain the dedupe folder meaning no other application would be able to access it.

3. BE 2012 supports up to 32TB of dedupe folder space so DLO should be around that size too...the Admin Guide should have more information on this.

Thanks!