cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dlo upgrade 7.5.1 to 7.6 - missing registry entry

s_support
Level 4

hi,

as title states, i'm in the process of looking into performing an upgrade from 7.5.1 to 7.6.

however, when following this tech article http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH223671, i'm stuck at the part where is says to find the "dedupedbinstance" in the registry.

my registry seems to be missing this entry?  how is this possible and how can i rectify this before proceeding with the upgrade.

please help

thank you

Phil.

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I am guessing this maybe possible if one had not installed the DeDupe component while installing SDLO 7.5

If you are indeed using DeDupe, you can create this registry key and ensure the DeDupe services are started prior to running the upgrade.

s_support
Level 4

yes it is possible, i didn't do the install so i'm not sure.

will adding this entry cause any issues with the current 7.5.1 installation with dedupe do you know?

also, what are the names of the deduper services that i should be looking for that are started?

thanks, Phil.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The DeDupe services are the Mindtree Storesmart service and a SQL (DeDupe) instance. The KB which you are following is a necessary step if you are using DeDupe as this step prepares the DeDupe DB prior to the upgrade. However, if DeDupe is not installed, you should be to skip the article and just run the SDLO 7.6 installer.

s_support
Level 4

thanks VJware.

this information is very useful, and i can confirm we are running dedupe.

i will try to enter to registry entry, and perform the db upgrade and see how i go.

thanks again.

Phil.