cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dlo8.0 unable to disable user - please enter correct password

s_support
Level 4

hi

i'm having an issue after upgrading to dlo8 agent.  when i log into a laptop with a user that does not have a dlo account, i'm unable to select disable user without getting an error message saying "please enter correct password".  if i press cancel, it goes away, until the next time i log in, it prompts me again for dlo credentials

on dlo 7.6 agent i did not have this issue.

anyone have any ideas how we can resolve this?

Phil

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Will need further investigation as to why the credentials prompt is reappearing again.

Alternative options are -

1) Add the user to DLO. Disable the user from the DLO console.

2) Add the user to "DisabledAccounts" under the laptop's registry.

Path on a 32-bit machine - HKLM | Software | Symantec | Symantec DLO | Client | DisabledAccounts

Path on a 64-bit machine - HKLM | Software | Wow6432Node | Symantec | Symantec DLO | Client | DisableddAccounts

Create a new String and specify the name as Domain\User. No need to enter any value.

s_support
Level 4

thanks VJware

we are logging in as a "local" admin, not a domain account, so unable to add to DLO.

we would prefer to find a fix for this, rather than have to modify the registry for every laptop.

please let me know if you require any logs or further information to assist with finding a fix.

thanks.

Phil.

VJware
Level 6

Any specific reason for logging using "local" admin as the requirement is to use domain-based accounts.

Lastly, for a fix, pls log a formal support case as this would require troubleshooting.

s_support
Level 4

yes for business purposes, we loan out laptops for users that do not have domain accounts, therefore needing to disable the local account for dlo..

when i try to log a support case on the website via mysymantec, for the product name, i have tried desktop and laptop option, dlo, backup, EVERYTHING, and nothing works!!  all i get is an error saying no product found with this name?!?!!

this is very frustrating and annoying

VJware
Level 6

Pls use my.veritas.com and not MySymantec as DLO is part of Veritas & not Symantec.

Alternatively, you could contact Customer Care via phone to log a case.