cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create Dedupe Storage Locations using DLO

rashi_jain
Level 5

Hello,

we installed  the DLO administrator and dedup server on same Machine as mentioned in below link  , page no.24 , option no.2.

http://kbdownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/6000/DOC6413/en_US/DLOAdminGuide_EN.pdf?__gda__=1404364409_85ff45cfe8c9e0a12e942d3422786b6d

1) We create a profile with dedup enable

2) click dedup server --> manage --> create a storage pool .

3) now trying to create a dedup storage location  , I am trying to give path but it is failed to taken.

How to give the path when we CREATE file system on secondary storage with CIFS share  ???

I am also trying to give local path but it is also failed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

By same credentials, I mean the same Administrator account is to be used for the DLO Administration and the SQL service.

Secondly, if you are using hs01 as the account for the services, this same account will not work when configuring the DeDupe Storage Location.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

VJware
Level 6

Have a look @ this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH211290

Additionally, please have a look @ the following sections from the Admin Guide:-

About Dedupe Storage Locations

Configuring DeDupe Server

rashi_jain
Level 5

Hello VJware,

I was already checked this links earlier and admin guide too. As prcedure mentioned there  we followed it in third tird tab " Dedupe Storage Locations" there is option of giving path  so we passed there our filesystem path but it is not found that on networker still that filesystem is accessible from windows server where DLO is installed.

we used two different scenario's  in which 

1) secondary storage is also the part of AD (snap shot 1)

2) Secondary storage is not the part of AD (snap shot 2)

in both cases storage unit is not createds.

VJware
Level 6

Did you create a new non-admin user specific for creating & managing the DeDupe storage location ?

The section "About Dedupe Storage Locations" in the Admin Guide explains what type of account is required for creating the DeDupe Storage.

rashi_jain
Level 5

Hello VJware ,

we did the same but we are getting the error "the specified user  doesnt have write acess on the path specified  " and this user has been created on DLO SERVER .

We also checked a link :

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH205750

according to which that user should be part of AD

Note : our AD server is installed on different W2K8 R2 .

VJware
Level 6

As a test, if you log in to the DLO server using this newly created account and try to access the path via UNC (which will be used as a DeDupe location), are you able to create, modify and remove files ?

rashi_jain
Level 5

Hello VJware ,

on login the machine with  that user I am getting an error on opening the console of DLO Administrator. please check the details.
 I am trying to change log on account in DLO  Administrator but getting an error.

Can I change the logon account in services ... services.msc ???

VJware
Level 6

Ideally, the DLO services should be running under the account which was used to install DLO. Ensure the DLO Admininstration & the SQL instance run using the same credentials. The DLO Maintenance service must be running under a local system account.

The DLO Administrator must have proper administrator permissions on the DLO server, at the NUDF Storage and at the SQL DB as well.

rashi_jain
Level 5

hello VJware

pls check the service account details currecntly some services are running under the AD account other are running in local system account.

can you please explain  more  "Ensure the DLO Admininstration & the SQL instance run using the same credentials."  what are credential  (AD credential)

Can I change the Logon Account ???

VJware
Level 6

By same credentials, I mean the same Administrator account is to be used for the DLO Administration and the SQL service.

Secondly, if you are using hs01 as the account for the services, this same account will not work when configuring the DeDupe Storage Location.

rashi_jain
Level 5

Hello VJware,

OK , I am able to create the storage.