cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pick the data from distributed DLO servers

rhtkm24
Level 3

hi,

we have around 10 DLO server in 10 remote location,we want to pick the data from these remote locations and want to get it central location

how it can be achived,is there any script which we can use 

is Rsync woks for this as my data is in enrypted mode.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What exactly do you mean by "pick the data" and what data are you referring to ?

rhtkm24
Level 3

HI,

I have storage on my central site.i want that backup data should be on my central site also.

i want that backup data to copy to my central locations.

Regards

VJware
Level 6

There is no built-in such feature in DLO. You can consider rync or any other backup/replication softwares/scripts to replicate the data to the central site. Just keep in mind that for a consistent copy, no network backups are running to the respective NUDFs (in certain cases, the DLO services may have to be stopped as well) at the time of backup/replication to central site.

rhtkm24
Level 3

i want to use some kind of script.can any body help me.will it take incremental back of encrypted data also.

VJware
Level 6

Replication is not a good choice since you'll have to stop NUDF backups or stop the DLO services.

Look instead for a backup product which will backup from remote sites across network, which can be scripted, scheduled and runs full, incremental backups. (Egs. Backup Exec)

This is a DLO specific forum and you wouldn't really get much replies on sample scripts on backing up regular data. (By the data being encrypted, you can still back it up, however cannot restore without the appropriate keys)

rhtkm24
Level 3

are you sure that i need to stop the services.i will not run the backup at the replication time.

VJware
Level 6

Apart from backup, other activity such as file maintenance, grooming etc runs on the DLO storage and hence, stopping the DLO services would be recommended as it would ensure full access and a consistent copy.