cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need documentation

Mike_Mccarron
Level 4

We are a very small organization and have been using BE for several years for the server only.  The Boss purchased DLO with his recent renewal of our licenses.  We are using 2012. on a windows 2008 R2 Server.

My question is about how to get started using DLO.  I need some documentation on how to install, configure and run DLO.  I looked through the Admin guide and didn't find anything there and I look at the knowledge base but I don't know where to start.  Please point me in the right direction.  We will be backing up less than 20 desktops

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Admin Guide ~ http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC5268

Here are the components which need to be installed ~

1) DLO Administration Server

2) DLO Maintenance Server (Both 1 and 2 can be on the same server in your case)

3) Network User Data Folder (The storage where user's data will be stored. If you plan to use a server instead of a NAS, consider the same server which will be used for the above components)

4) DLO Desktop Agents software which can be push deployed to the clients.

Post the installation, configure a Policy which defines what needs to be backed up, when, etc.

The admin guide does have all this info and I would recommend to have a read. After which, you can ask us for detailed assistance.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Admin Guide ~ http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC5268

Here are the components which need to be installed ~

1) DLO Administration Server

2) DLO Maintenance Server (Both 1 and 2 can be on the same server in your case)

3) Network User Data Folder (The storage where user's data will be stored. If you plan to use a server instead of a NAS, consider the same server which will be used for the above components)

4) DLO Desktop Agents software which can be push deployed to the clients.

Post the installation, configure a Policy which defines what needs to be backed up, when, etc.

The admin guide does have all this info and I would recommend to have a read. After which, you can ask us for detailed assistance.