cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Dedupe Engine Offline" for Local Users

penn-gos
Level 3

We have a large number of users whose data is not being backed up, receiving the “Dedupe Engine is Offline” error. What is happening, essentially, is that the data to be backed up cannot be backed up to the local DLO DUDF, which generates an error.The KB/Support page says this could be a Firewall issue, or the fact that users are not granted “Log on Locally” permission, or some other connectivity-related issues. But this is happening for only about 5% of our users, so the connectivity is clearly not the issue (beside the fact that we are reading the log file, which indicates that the client was able to collect long enough to upload a log entry.)

BUT we have found that deleting the user's DLO profile and uninstalling/reinstalling the client fixes the issue!  But this is not so easily done via SCCM (I've been running the job for about a week on a test group and the clients are just not uninstalling).  So, has anyone come across this issue before?  Is there a way to fix it without manually uninstalling and reinstalling every client (about 50 people, scattered throughout North America, on varying shades of network connectivity)

We are running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1, 64-bit, 8GB RAM.  Our DLO server is being run on a Virtual Server pretending to run Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 with Intel Xeon CPU ES-2660 0 @ 2.20 GHz with 8 GB RAM.

I have attached a log file, in case that helps.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best Regards,

Patrick Burnett

Hitachi America, Ltd.

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

On a test machine, instead of reinstalling the DLO client, stop the DLO client UI and delete the .settings folder from the DUDF.

Restart the DLO client UI (so that new settings are obtained from the DLO server) and check if backups run now.

And if you are running SDLO 7.5, is it updated with SP1 ?