cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore failed: This security token cannot be assigned as the owner of the object.

Cristian-SRN
Level 2

hi, My old PC died and i try to restore all .pst files to the new one PC, so...
I have installed the dlo agent on the new PC and when restoring the files it throws me the following. error:

"restore failed: This security token cannot be assigned as the owner of the object."

can you help me pliss

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

P_Jeal
Employee

How are you restoring these; from the new client machine, when logged on as your original user  or from the DLO Admin server ? 

Which options are you using;  Restore to the original folders (client side) \original computer (server side)    or are you redirecting to a alternate folder\alternate computer?  If redirecting, I would suggest that you ensure unticking the 'Preserve security attributes on restored files' option as something may be seen differently now compared to the original machine it was backed up from.

If not redirecting now, it may be worth trying a Redirected restore, even if to the same target client machine, to allow you to untick the Security box.

Do other file types restore successfully ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

P_Jeal
Employee

How are you restoring these; from the new client machine, when logged on as your original user  or from the DLO Admin server ? 

Which options are you using;  Restore to the original folders (client side) \original computer (server side)    or are you redirecting to a alternate folder\alternate computer?  If redirecting, I would suggest that you ensure unticking the 'Preserve security attributes on restored files' option as something may be seen differently now compared to the original machine it was backed up from.

If not redirecting now, it may be worth trying a Redirected restore, even if to the same target client machine, to allow you to untick the Security box.

Do other file types restore successfully ?

Hi, thanks for fast reply!
- yes, the restoration is performed on a new computer, the agent has been installed and it has been entered with the same user. 
everything from the agent
I will try what you suggest when doing a restore to another machine.

Hello, I removed the option "Preserve security attributes on restored files" option and it worked  !!!

Thanks a loot !