cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytics Databases and Disabling/Cleaning up

Robert_H
Level 3

In my environment I have about 100GB of Analytics Databases, that's about 25% of my entire EV Databases in one function.

I'm trying to find out the following.

a) By disabling analytics on a case the database will remain?

b) How I can tell which Case is related to which database.  Database names are in the form of AnalyticsCaseFile_DB_xxx.ndf

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_H
Level 3

Here's what I needed.

I had to open the table in SQL

dbo.tableCase browse that for the CaseID .  then I gould then find the parent caseid.

In my case many of these ended up being folders that belonged to closed cases, but the analytics were not disabled on the folder before the case was closed. 

Reopening the case and then finding the Folder and disabling analytics was the way I managed it.

but the key in finding the information I needed was the SQL table, without that I had no way of knowing that analytics.1234 was equal in name to casejohndoe.

thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Greetings, Robert;

When a DA Case has been enabled for Analytics, these should be 9 Analytics related tables created, each with an underscore and number as the last characters in the table names.  The number is the CaseID of the Analytics enabled case. When an Analytics enabled case is disabled for Analytics, those tables are removed from the database, as are the full text index files and folders.  If these tables and / or files/folders are not removed when Analytics is disabled, we have a manual process to remove them that Support can assist you in running.

In the file name example that you included is the _DB_ placeholder for the actual database name.  The _xxx is the CaseID of the Analytics enabled case within the specified database.  For example, if CaseID 5 in DA Customer DAGeneralUser was enabled for Analytics, the full text indexing file name per your example would be AnalyticsCaseFile_DAGeneralUser_5.ndf.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

I think after deisabling the analytics from the case the database should gone because it delete all the table for analytics it create for case.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Robert ,

If you any question , please let us know.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Do you have any updates on this thread? Do you need more assistance regarding this topic?

If not then please mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread.

Robert_H
Level 3

Here's what I needed.

I had to open the table in SQL

dbo.tableCase browse that for the CaseID .  then I gould then find the parent caseid.

In my case many of these ended up being folders that belonged to closed cases, but the analytics were not disabled on the folder before the case was closed. 

Reopening the case and then finding the Folder and disabling analytics was the way I managed it.

but the key in finding the information I needed was the SQL table, without that I had no way of knowing that analytics.1234 was equal in name to casejohndoe.

thanks!

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thanks for providing this information.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Do you have any updates on this thread? Do you need more assistance regarding this topic?

If not then please mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread.