cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there evergreen Legal Holds in Discovery Accelerator and Discovery Collector?

HBG
Level 2

I see how to place search results on Legal Hold in Discovery Accelerator and Discovery Collector but can the holds be set up to be evergreen?  In other words, once run, can I set up the queries to run periodically to automatically add new items to the population of held items?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, in DA you can schedule searches to run and have them be automatically accepted.  Once the search is accepted the hold will be applied.

Be sure your searches are what you want because once the item is on hold it will be held until the hold is released for the case.

I posted earlier about creating scheduled searches: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/scheduling-recurring-da-search

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, in DA you can schedule searches to run and have them be automatically accepted.  Once the search is accepted the hold will be applied.

Be sure your searches are what you want because once the item is on hold it will be held until the hold is released for the case.

I posted earlier about creating scheduled searches: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/scheduling-recurring-da-search

HBG
Level 2

Thanks for the confirmation.  I also looked at your earlier posts on running scheduled searches and like the suggestion to not automatically accept the results until I've checked some of the results to be sure we are still on track.

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi There,

Discovery Accelerator Legal Hold mechanism works only on the items which are accepted in the DA Case. Based on the search crieteria provided and the number of archive hits, Discovery Accelerator can yield anything between fewe hundered to few thousand items. So automatically accepting schduled DA searches may not be the correct idea unless your are very sure.

Once items is accepted, it will be DA will attempt to put it on legal hold. So the answer to your question is that it is already an automated system, where the crieteria is that items (DA search) need to be accepted .

Hope this clarifies the doubt.

Cheers,

Alok