Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit within DA use

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hellow Experts,

We are using EV 10.0.2 with DA. The requirement is to audit the use of cases and searches within DA. Is there any way we can do this? I want to know who accessed a perticular case and when did he perform searches based on it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Sym-Guy,

Have a look at the admin guide for DA 10.0.2, chapter 12.

It revolves around reporting on cases, searches carried out and by whom etc, sounds like this is what you need:-

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5995

Im not exactly sure if it will go into the depth of detail you are after but it is a start.

I know in DA, in earlier versions of EV, the searches used to be run under the service account, as it needs access to all archives that are searchable, therefore auditing access/searches on the archives wouldnt pull back the information that you require, I do not think that this has changed but I havent confirmed this myself yet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Sym-Guy,

Have a look at the admin guide for DA 10.0.2, chapter 12.

It revolves around reporting on cases, searches carried out and by whom etc, sounds like this is what you need:-

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5995

Im not exactly sure if it will go into the depth of detail you are after but it is a start.

I know in DA, in earlier versions of EV, the searches used to be run under the service account, as it needs access to all archives that are searchable, therefore auditing access/searches on the archives wouldnt pull back the information that you require, I do not think that this has changed but I havent confirmed this myself yet.

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Thanks Ben

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Pleasure, happy to help.