cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you find the size of a custodian's vault in Discovery Accelerator?

lpaull
Level 3

I was asked if I could find the size of someone's vault in DA (9.0.x).  I haven't found anything yet, but thought I would ask.  I also see an option in the System Configuration Options "Show Vault Management Option" but I can't find what this means anywhere.  I've looked in Help, on-line and in the manual.  Does anyone know what this means?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That's probably the easiest way to access it.  If EV Reporting is installed then that can be used as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

lpaull
Level 3

A little more information.  By hovering over the "Show Vault Management Option" in the System Configuration Settings, a "window" opened that says:  If true, the 'Vaults' link is shown in the "Application Administration" column of the home page.  I don't see the "Application Administration" Column on the home page, but there is a checkmark in the "Show Vault Management Option" value column. 

lpaull
Level 3

I found another article that says "Show Vault Management Option" does not have any value and it will be removed from further versions. 

TonySterling
Easiest thing to do would be to look at the http://evserver/enterprisevault/usage.asp page.

lpaull
Level 3

Thanks.  Evidently I don't have the necessary access.  When I type that into the browser shows me the names of the archives, but each column to the right of it shows "access denied."  Does this allow you to see the size of the individual archives under each vault?  If so we could request permission, or do you have to run this from the EV server?  I was trying it from my laptop; I don't have access to log on to the server. 

The other thing I thought we could do not for the size, but the amount of hits, was to not put a start date into a search and no search terms.  This would give the number, and that might work for our needs. 

Please let me know.  Thanks again. 

TonySterling

Yes, that will show size of archive by mailbox. Just send an email to the EV admin and ask him for it. 

I wouldn't recommend running a blank search. Those aren't good for the SQL logs. ;)

lpaull
Level 3

Do you have to go to the http site from the server, and with the EV Admin account? 

TonySterling

That's probably the easiest way to access it.  If EV Reporting is installed then that can be used as well.

lpaull
Level 3

Thanks for the quick replies.