cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot assign Case Roles in Discovery Accelerator

casey_jones2
Level 2

I have recently installed Discovery Accelerator in my existing Evault environment and I am unable to assign Case roles to users in the Accelerator client.

I have the Discovery System Admin role and I can assign application roles to other users but I am unable to assign Case roles. When I view a case in the client there is no Role Assignments tab visble. Only Properties.

I am running Discovery Accelerator version 10.0 SP2 and Accelerator Client 10.0

Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

by default the Discovery System Admin Role doesn't have rights on the cases.  If you make that account the owner or log in as the owner account you will be able to assign Case Roles.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

First, your DA Client needs to match the version of the DA Server, are you sure about the version info?

Second, it doesn't sound like you have to approriate case permissions, have you seen this?

Assigning Discovery Accelerator roles to users

Article:HOWTO58619  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2013-02-01  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58619

casey_jones2
Level 2

I know the versions are both 10.0 but my database version shown in the Discovery Accelerator config page shows at SP2 Revision 11.

I have used that article but the problem is I can't assign the Case role to any user. I can however, assign application roles with no problem. I have the application role of Discovery System Admin assigned to my account with all available permissions. But when I go to where the article mentions:

To assign a case role, click the Cases tab and then click the required case in the left pane. Then click the Role Assignment tab.

The Role Assignment tab isn't there. I only have a properties tab. See the attached image DA1 for reference.

Attached image DA2 is one I pulled from online and it shows what I should be seeing.

TonySterling

by default the Discovery System Admin Role doesn't have rights on the cases.  If you make that account the owner or log in as the owner account you will be able to assign Case Roles.

casey_jones2
Level 2

That did it. Once I logged in as a user assigned to the case I was able to adjust the Case role assignments. Thank you very much for the assistance!