cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear Unreviewed DA search results

ChrisATS
Level 4

I have a manager that can perform DA searches and I have one search in particular that they did that returned over 400K emails.  The emails are past the our retention period and aren't on litigation hold.  They appear to have been been deleted per the site retention settings because the preview panel doesn't show the email.  However, DA still has this large block of emails still showing as unreviewed.  I can delete the unreviewed items manually 1,000 at a time but this will take months.  Is their a way I can do this quickly through an SQL query?  I've attached a picture of what I'm talking about.  Note that in the photo I tried doing 10,000 at a time but DA only does deletes 1,000.

120px_user_holds.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

I don't think so that you get option to delete items from Review set. We don't have the option delete the email from DA in Review pane.

Using Review Pane you can marked them as "Relevant" or "Not relevant". After carryout this action will change the Status from "Unreviewed" to "Reviewed" and reduce the Count of Unreviewed item in filter pane. (In your screenshot).

If you rightclick on item i think you get option to Bulk mark item with option "Mark all items in the set"

After that you can mark all 10000 items in one go.

Let me know whether it help or not.

View solution in original post

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

ChrisATS,

EV_Ajay is correct.  We don't allow unreviewed items to be deleted from within DA.  Do actually delete them would require steps that would invalidate all of the data for the affected Case.

It sounds like you're actually selecting 1000 items and marking them as Reviewed so that they don't show as Unreviewed.  The facets selected in your screen shot shows you only have Unreviewed items selected.  The facets also show you have the option selected to only show 10,000 items.

You can change the option to show 10,000 items to show all items and apply that change with the Unreviewed facet also selected.  Once these facets are applied, you can set the number of items displayed per page to 1,000 and have the number of pages give you an indication of how many times you'll need to select the page of 1000 items, mark then all as Reviewed, then move to the next page of 1000.  This method won't take you months to complete, but it may take several hours to a few days depending on your other work load.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you walk through the process of how you are deleting these emails from the search?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

perhaps you're tagging them?

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

I don't think so that you get option to delete items from Review set. We don't have the option delete the email from DA in Review pane.

Using Review Pane you can marked them as "Relevant" or "Not relevant". After carryout this action will change the Status from "Unreviewed" to "Reviewed" and reduce the Count of Unreviewed item in filter pane. (In your screenshot).

If you rightclick on item i think you get option to Bulk mark item with option "Mark all items in the set"

After that you can mark all 10000 items in one go.

Let me know whether it help or not.

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

ChrisATS,

EV_Ajay is correct.  We don't allow unreviewed items to be deleted from within DA.  Do actually delete them would require steps that would invalidate all of the data for the affected Case.

It sounds like you're actually selecting 1000 items and marking them as Reviewed so that they don't show as Unreviewed.  The facets selected in your screen shot shows you only have Unreviewed items selected.  The facets also show you have the option selected to only show 10,000 items.

You can change the option to show 10,000 items to show all items and apply that change with the Unreviewed facet also selected.  Once these facets are applied, you can set the number of items displayed per page to 1,000 and have the number of pages give you an indication of how many times you'll need to select the page of 1000 items, mark then all as Reviewed, then move to the next page of 1000.  This method won't take you months to complete, but it may take several hours to a few days depending on your other work load.