cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Accelerator and the Discovery Accelerator licensing ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi people,

Does the Compliance Accelerator and the Discovery Accelerator is part of the EV licensing ?

Because I need to be able to search on multiple archive mailboxes so I wonder if I can just install it on the same EV server without causing any license agreement issue.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It will depend what "bundle" you have purchased.

DA is part of the E-Discovery Standard and Advanced Edition

CA is also part of the E-Discovery Advanced bundle.

Both can be purchased as an add-on are licensed Per User.

You might be able to install DA or CA on the EV server but it will depend on how "busy" everything is.

You CAN NOT install both CA and DA on the same machine.  Also, if you are installing both CA and DA be sure to change the name of the configuration database for at least one of them during the installation process.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

It will depend what "bundle" you have purchased.

DA is part of the E-Discovery Standard and Advanced Edition

CA is also part of the E-Discovery Advanced bundle.

Both can be purchased as an add-on are licensed Per User.

You might be able to install DA or CA on the EV server but it will depend on how "busy" everything is.

You CAN NOT install both CA and DA on the same machine.  Also, if you are installing both CA and DA be sure to change the name of the configuration database for at least one of them during the installation process.

John_Santana
Level 6

Ah ok, so in this case if I already provision dedicated SQL Server instance PRODDB4\EnterpriseVault on the custom port 55100, can I still use that instance for the DA and CA ?

TonySterling

Yes, as long as you rename the configuration databases for DA and CA during the installation.  By default, they both use EVConfiguration for the name so just change it to EVDAConfiguration and EVCAConfiguration respectively.

TS