cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Customer database fails?

EVGuy
Level 4

Hi all,

I'm trying to install DA, I have the pre reqs in and ran the installer, which opens the web admin. I was able to create the configuration database but when I try to add a new customer and fill out the form nothing happens when I click 'Ok' I have the customer name, the virtual directory, and the database name all set to the same name. 

Name: Customer1

Virtual Directory: Customer1

Database: Customer1

Use Existing Database: unchecked.

When I click 'Ok' the form flickers quickly and then nothing, all my info is still there, there are no red exclamations next to any of the fields and nothing is created.

Anyone run into this one? 

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EVGuy
Level 4

Called support and got the answer to this one. Seems you MUST configure the analytics database location even if you don't plan on using it. I think the documentation on this was a little unclear. Since I wasn't planning on using it I left it alone, in my mind going with the default database location. You do actually have to configure it even if you want to just use the default.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

From the Installation and config guide:

Database Locations For Analytics section

This area of the page lists existing database locations for analytics data, and lets you

add new database locations. You must specify at least one database location for

analytics. If you do not intend to use the analytics feature with this customer, use

the default database location.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is there anything in the info box in the Current Status section of the page?

jim_leggett
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you checked this tech note?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH72766

EVGuy
Level 4

Saw the tech note, I'm running Windows 2003 so I'm not running into that, but I'll save it for a later install. :)

The current status section shows this:

Process Manager: Available

Customers' service: Running

Analytics: Running

Customer's Tasks: Running

Server Available: Yes

I tried leaving it alone for a while and trying again, this time I got the below exception. Not sure what it means but maybe you guys have seen it before.

EVGuy
Level 4

Am I correct in putting the name of the customer in the IIS Virtual Directory field when setting up the customer database? There is not virtual directory defined for them yet, I'm assuming the application would create that when it creates the database.

TonySterling

You should follow the steps in this technote:

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO31637

EVGuy
Level 4

I followed those and the Installation documentation. The config database set up fine, the customer set up won't. Most of the time when I complete the form and click 'Ok'  the form refreshes, still contains the entries I put in it, and nothing happens.

Everything sounds straight forward except the IIS Virtual directory name field. Is this any made up name that should work as long as you don't include the illegal characters? Or do you have to set up a virtual directory for it in IIS admin before trying to create the new customer?

TonySterling

You populate this field with what you want the virtual directory to be called.  It will then be created by the application.  Make sure the names you use are different than the configuration db name.

EVGuy
Level 4

Tried that too. I've also tried installing it on another server and I get the same issue.  I can't be the only one that's come across this. And I can't find anything on it in the support forum or with google.

Paul_C_
Level 3

You can edit the 4 DA config files in the  business accelerator folder in Pgm files

accelmgr.exe.config

accel console exe config

accel service.exe config

and adsync exe config

change   from "installed"  to "uninstalled"

restart accel service  -try setup again.

or- some things to check

make sure  the vault account is the log on    on the accelerator service

that  the vault account is local admin on the machine

that auth users have full control of win/temp and ms.net folders

On SQL  make   sure tcp and named pipes are enabled

and the vault account has DBcreate and public ( and for testing or if its ok, give the vault account sys admin)

rgds

Paul

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hello There,

DA Customer Name, IIS Virtual Directory, Customer DB name being same is not really a problem. Can you confirm that SQL Server that you are giving and the Data and Log File path really exists on SQL Server side.

For the sake of having clean environment, Uninstall DA from the machine and also delete the old IIS directories on server existing with the same name.

Otherwise, Can you take a DTrace of Accelerator Manager Service when Customer DB creation is in progress. Looking at the trace you might get the correct exception or problem. 

Cheers,

Alok

EVGuy
Level 4

Called support and got the answer to this one. Seems you MUST configure the analytics database location even if you don't plan on using it. I think the documentation on this was a little unclear. Since I wasn't planning on using it I left it alone, in my mind going with the default database location. You do actually have to configure it even if you want to just use the default.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

From the Installation and config guide:

Database Locations For Analytics section

This area of the page lists existing database locations for analytics data, and lets you

add new database locations. You must specify at least one database location for

analytics. If you do not intend to use the analytics feature with this customer, use

the default database location.