cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA 9.0.2 Proximity searching

LizA
Level 3

Hi All,

I have Analytics turned on in DA 9.  Can I use the DA search template "subject/content" to do a proximity search and enter the text e.g. "me NEAR you" without quotes - to find me within 50 words of you.  I don't suppose I could specified how many words OR do I need to use Rule Builder and do a query and to use NEAR operand, and then have to assign a mark.  This is not what I want to do, I just want to do a search of terms near to each other, along with other search terms and leave the results unassigned.

If I have to use Rule Builder, can you send me usage e.g. quotes, no quotes, words on same line or not, how to leave as not assigned and integrate with regular search hits.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can't specify the number, it is going to be 50. I know from reading the Reviewer guide you can use Near in the Quick Search, will that option work for you?  So you can run your search with your search term then use the Advanced Quick Search to build out the Near terms you need.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can't specify the number, it is going to be 50. I know from reading the Reviewer guide you can use Near in the Quick Search, will that option work for you?  So you can run your search with your search term then use the Advanced Quick Search to build out the Near terms you need.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As Tony said the Near option does search within 50 words and that cant be changed

if you knew it was X number of words before or after you then using wildcards may help you narrow the results