cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA Attachment Name Search

NaturesRevenge
Level 5

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

EV and DA are v9

All I need to perform is a search that looks for attachment names that have, for example, "ABC" in the file name.

I've referenced these two links and cannot get any DA hits on my search attempts.

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/discovery-search-specific-attachment-name

http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/discovery-accelerator-hidden-searchable-items

Using information from the 2nd link, it appears that I can use attribute "TSUB" with description: Attachments only - the subject / title of the top-level item.

Do I use a Custom Attribute within a new search to utilize "TSUB"? If I populate the screen like the screen shot below, I get zero hits and I know there are attachments with "ABC" in the file name.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yeah, my way would look at the subject of emails, too, but the email would have to have at least one attachment hopefully limiting false hits.  Please do update with what support says. 

Cheers,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NaturesRevenge
Level 5

Attaching screen shot - sorry.

TonySterling

Have you tried just using the subject box and attachments greater than 0?

NaturesRevenge
Level 5

Hi Tony:

I'll try that now. I really need my search to look ONLY at the names of the attachments, but I'll see what results this gives me and report back. I've also opened a support ticket with Symantec and I'm willing to provide their resolution here and close the thread. :)

Thank you kindly.

TonySterling

Yeah, my way would look at the subject of emails, too, but the email would have to have at least one attachment hopefully limiting false hits.  Please do update with what support says. 

Cheers,

woelki
Level 4

Hi there,

I know the thread is kind of old, but nevertheless my request is quite the same. Unfortunately the thread starter did not share his solution.

I have as well an urgent request where I have to discover emails in regards to the file name. In order to test the custom search functions like "TSUB" I search for an attachement in the journaling which was heading to my mailbox in order to verify that the attachement really exists.

So in this case I can find the ABC attachement file, but only looking for the extension. Like the TS I really have to look for the filename, because I have to discover emails for a whole year with no recipient or sender limitation. For me it is no problem to combine filename and file extension, but it looks like searches for TSUB are without effect.

BTW we are using DA 11

Kind regards,
woelki

GertjanA

Hi Woelki,

Best open a new thread for this. In general, if you know the filename, enter that in the field for 'subject/content'

If the filename has spaces, enter it between quotes. like "this is the document I am looking for"

no need for extention.

Regards. Gertjan