cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA Export of Images

TWeiner
Level 2

When we export DA results to HTML, PDF attachment images do not always export and instead appear merely as "Image 1" etc. with no content.  Is there a way to export so the image appears as in the native document?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Ok, that makes sense.  So what you see is expected behavior.  In my experience the actual text will show beneath the Image1, Image2, etc...  unless of course there was no text to show.  If you scroll down do you not see any text? 

I don't think this can be changed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

Are you using HTML so you can keep the comments and marks?

If you export to msg or pst the email will have actual the pdf attachment.

TWeiner
Level 2

No, we're using HTML because these are exported for public records requests which usually require some level of redaction. We convert the HTML to a single PDF to use Adobe's redaction tools.  If we export as a PST, then each e-mail has to be converted to a PDF separately, and when dealing with hundreds (or thousands) of e-mails it would be nearly impossible to do that.

TonySterling

Ok, that makes sense.  So what you see is expected behavior.  In my experience the actual text will show beneath the Image1, Image2, etc...  unless of course there was no text to show.  If you scroll down do you not see any text? 

I don't think this can be changed.

TWeiner
Level 2

Yeah, that is the problem. Text will appear, but if you had, e.g. a PowerPoint or PDF attachment that used images, you get nothing.  Very frustrating, especially when responding to a public records request (we're a local government agency) with thousands of documents and hundreds of attachments.