cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA search on time of day

LizA
Level 3

Is there any way in DA2007 to search on time of day.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Sorry not that I'm aware of. There are hidden search attributes but they only have date and other metadata options but not time. 

I suggest you enter an Idea on Connect or talk with your symantec rep to have them put it forward to Dev to add this feature

The only other way I can think of is if you search the database  using SQL. you query the saveset table in each of the databases and query the IDDateime and retrieve the Transation ID  for the items then use this to recreate the SSID then do a custom attribute search by SSID one a at a time to retrieve each item.

This would be a very painful process but at the moment it is the only way I can think of finding items by time

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

There is no way to search in DA for time of day but you can search for date and then easially look through the result set for the time of day

If you have a specific term you are searching for and also the custodians that along with date should give you pretty targeted results so picking what you need out should be easier

If you can give an example of what you need to find maybe I can help you with the search terms to target the items in question

LizA
Level 3

Thanks Scan, but this search will return thousands of results due to the date range with and general search terms.  It will be extremely time consuming to go through every message in the reviewer's queue.

Any way to use custom-defined fields or any other workaround?

Thanks.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Sorry not that I'm aware of. There are hidden search attributes but they only have date and other metadata options but not time. 

I suggest you enter an Idea on Connect or talk with your symantec rep to have them put it forward to Dev to add this feature

The only other way I can think of is if you search the database  using SQL. you query the saveset table in each of the databases and query the IDDateime and retrieve the Transation ID  for the items then use this to recreate the SSID then do a custom attribute search by SSID one a at a time to retrieve each item.

This would be a very painful process but at the moment it is the only way I can think of finding items by time

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Sorry. That option is not able in both Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator. You can only search on basis of Date base OR on relative time duration ( Today/Yesterday/Last 14 Days ). 

As far as I remember, there is no custom index attribute which can allow you to search for the time.

Cheers,

Alok

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

LizA,

Do you need any further assistance with this? Has your question been answered?

If yes please mark the appropiate reply as the solution so this may be closed