cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA server searching vaults from different EV sites

kevinbwood
Level 4

Environment - EV 9 (SP2) - yes, they are planning to upgrade. . .

2 EV servers  Each in a different EV site (but physically colocated.)

DA installed on EVserver1 (EV site 1)

Right now to run searches against each EV site, we must run 2 searches, 1 in each DA /EV site/Vault

Can we configure either DA or the DA client to run 1 search against both sites?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, DA can search multiple EV Sites.  So DA in EVSite 1 can search EVSite 2 as well.

How to add additional Enterprise Vault Sites into Discovery Accelerator customer scope

Article:TECH66663  |  Created: 2009-01-12  |  Updated: 2011-04-28  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH66663

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

Yes, DA can search multiple EV Sites.  So DA in EVSite 1 can search EVSite 2 as well.

How to add additional Enterprise Vault Sites into Discovery Accelerator customer scope

Article:TECH66663  |  Created: 2009-01-12  |  Updated: 2011-04-28  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH66663

kevinbwood
Level 4

We are using EV / DA 9 SP2, but I know where in the configuration settings this is.  We will try that. Will report back on results either way.

Thanks!

TonySterling

No problem, the article referenced applies to EV\DA 9.0.2.

Cheers,

kevinbwood
Level 4

This worked like a charm.

Word of note, we were not able to add information to an existing 'customer' database.  As this was a new instal of DA for this customer, we were able to create a new 'combined' customer database with multiple Directory entries in it.

idaman22
Level 4

You should have been able to add the extra sites by right clicking on the left hand pane in EVBAAdmin webpage and selecting properties and in the pop-up window, press enter in the Directory DNS Aliases field , add the extra site and click OK at the bottom. I just confirmed it works on my existing customers.