Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA v9: Email attachments not exporting

UnallocatedClus
Not applicable
Accredited

Hello,

A client is using Discovery Accelerator version 9 and is encountering the following problem:

When exporting custodial mailboxes as PST files, email attachments over a certain size are not included within the resulting PST file export.  There are only links to the email attachments within each individual email.

The client looked at their Exchange server and exported the same PST file directly from Exchange, they encountered the same problem.

So, I am thinking the root cause might be a policy setup in the Exchange environment and not DA?

QUESTIONS:

1)  What are the specific menu steps one may take to find email attachment policies currently in place, both within DA and Exchange?

2)  Is one possible answer to restore large email attachments first before exporting PST files from DA?  If yes, what tool (DA or Exchange) would be used to restore large email attachments?

3)  Where are these large email attachments currently physically housed?

Many thanks for your help and guidance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I guess I don't know how you could export the archived data from Exchange.  It doesn't really work that way.

When you look at the results of the search in DA do you see the attachments?  If you look in the mailbox at the archived items are the attachments present when you view the archived item?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I guess I don't know how you could export the archived data from Exchange.  It doesn't really work that way.

When you look at the results of the search in DA do you see the attachments?  If you look in the mailbox at the archived items are the attachments present when you view the archived item?