cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete accepted search results in Discovery Accelerator

EVGuy
Level 4

Is there a way to delete a search after you've accepted it in DA?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There is no way to do this without hacking some databases.

I do not recommend doing this it can go horribly wrong

If this is the only search in the case then delete the case and start again

Or just delete the case anyway and redo all searches in the case again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

EVGuy
Level 4

Anyone? :)

I guess the reason for asking would be say I create a search in a case and I realize that I gave it the wrong date range, how can I delete it so I can recreate it with the correct date range? I'm sure there's some kind of legal reason why this can't be deleted but I'm just trying to find out if that is the case or not.

Thanks

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There is no way to do this without hacking some databases.

I do not recommend doing this it can go horribly wrong

If this is the only search in the case then delete the case and start again

Or just delete the case anyway and redo all searches in the case again.

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hello There,

Sorry, this is not possible with Discovery Accelerator. Search results once accepted will always remain there in Discovery Accelerator Database. The only way to delete results is to delete the case itself but that will also remove every activity that has been performed on the case.

Specially for the situation when you don't know the precise search crieteria and you might need to delete the search result, you run Discovery Accelerator searches without selecting option "Automatically Accept Search Results". Just don't accept search results till the time you are not very sure about the crieteria and associated result.

Also you can create a research folder in context of the case, where you can run searches per your wish. After those searches, select the Search which has the needed crieteria and run it again in your DA Case. After all the homework, delete your Research Folder.

Cheers

Alok