cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Accelorator - Inaccurate hit counts

John_Huber
Level 4

TCP Chimney, TCPIP Offload Engine (TOE) or TCP Segmentation Offload (TSO) will cause a transport-level error to be logged resulting in inaccurate hit counts for Accelerator searches

Title of Tech Doc http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH55653

Doc states that if you do not turn off these settings you get inaccurate hit counts. 

Do you need to turn them off on both the EV, DA and SQL servers?  Optimization docs want you to turn off the setting on all servers.  Does that apply here?

What is an inaccurate hit count.  Does it mean you are missing documents or are documents double counted?

We are running EV & DA 9.01 on server 2003, SQL 2008 on server 2008 R2,  I have seen the errors listing in the doc in our event log.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, I believe you want to do this on all the servers, EV, DA, and SQL.  

Sorry, but I am not entirely sure what the inaccurate count is referring to but since you are seeing those errors you should probably get the settings changed ASAP.

TS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, I believe you want to do this on all the servers, EV, DA, and SQL.  

Sorry, but I am not entirely sure what the inaccurate count is referring to but since you are seeing those errors you should probably get the settings changed ASAP.

TS

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Tony is correct in that you want to disable those features on all EV, DA and SQL Servers in the EV environment.

What these features can (and have been found to) do is cause the packet receipt acknowledgement processing to be delayed long enough for DA to 'think' a data packet has been lost and will resend the packet.  This can cause more items to be added to a search result because 2 instances of up to 10,000 hits can be added to the interrim processing tables in the DA customer database.

Please follow the instructions in the article to get your system optimized as much as you are allowed by your company's internal policies.  You should not get the errors noted in the article once those recommendations have been implemented.

Good luck!

John_Huber
Level 4

Thanks for the help