Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelarator SQL CACHE Files

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Hello All

I am feeling like a Discovery accelarator noob and unable to figure out cause of existence of certain files.

We've Discovery Accelarator 11 CHF2 environment along with Enterprise vault 11 CHF2. On backend or SQL (2008 R2 SP1) server for Discovery accelarator, we've a folder named Data Collection Cache and it has couple of huge files with extension *.CACHE and name DASQL_MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER_{49268954-4FD4-4EB6-AA04-CD59D9BB5714}_4

I am not really sure what these files are and where they're generating from. I would like to change their locations if possible as drive they're existing on is getting filled up really fast due to increasing size of these CACHE file.

I can confirm they're not item pre-fetch cache folder/files, that folder is pointing to a different location on DA box itself.

Hope its an easy answer. !

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, AKL;

I believe your SQL DBA has enabled the Cache feature in SQL Server whereby it caches certain data in order to make the server operate faster.  Please ask them to check to see if this feature as, indeed, been enabled as it could be using the *.CACHE files and take up a lot of drive space.

DA does not use *.CACHEf files.  It will, however, use *.NDF files for any case or research folder that becomes Analytics enabled.

Kind regards,

Ken

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, AKL;

I believe your SQL DBA has enabled the Cache feature in SQL Server whereby it caches certain data in order to make the server operate faster.  Please ask them to check to see if this feature as, indeed, been enabled as it could be using the *.CACHE files and take up a lot of drive space.

DA does not use *.CACHEf files.  It will, however, use *.NDF files for any case or research folder that becomes Analytics enabled.

Kind regards,

Ken