cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator 10.4 client failing after upgrade

mstawchansky
Level 4

First had the issue with installing, but go around that following the command line install method here.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/accelerator-install-requires-uac-be-turned

Once that is done, the client installs without issue. However, once the client is started - it sees the instance it needs to talk to, but upon attempting to connect it fails and closes out the client. This error is seen in the application log.

Faulting application name: AcceleratorClient.exe, version: 10.0.4.1060, time stamp: 0x51d5b819
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x53159a86
Exception code: 0xe053534f
Fault offset: 0x0000c42d
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report Id: %13

That points to this document

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH214055&profileURL=https%3A%2F%2Fsymaccount-profile.symantec.com%2FSSO%2Findex.jsp%3FssoID%3D1427732213471AVKTeZLwnn27Lme8MkQbNYgnG25OIJPIh4DEt

However, 3 installs and even turning of UAC later I'm still at the same place.

Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, mstawchansky;

You've not provided an update in over a month, so I'm hoping you've been able to work through this issue to get it successfully resolved.  If not, here is some additional information that may be of help.

As you mentioned, the client installation was successful.  That is seen in the intallation log that you provided.  The log shows the folder containing the installation '.msi' file is  'C:\DA\' and that the installation file is named 'Symantec Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator Client.msi'.  The installation path is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator\', which tells me that you're using the command line to install the DA Client using the TARGETDIR argrument.  I also see that you're using the ALLUSERS=1 argument so that any user of the machine can launch the DA Client.

The report also tells me that

1. you are installing the DA 10.0.4 Client.  If you have any cumulative hotfix (CHF) installed on the DA server, you'll need to install that CHF's version of the DA Client.

2. it appears that you may be using roaming profiles, such as being logged onto a Citrix server.  Please note that we don't officially support the DA Client installation on a Citrix (or Terminal Services) server as there can be other issues experienced with such an installation.

If you've not been able to resolve this issue successfully, please provide us with the client trace log so we can see if there are any errors thrown into it when the client crashes.  Let us know if you need the location of that client trace log, please.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What version of DA did you upgrade from?

Does this happen for all clients?

Can you open the DA Client on the DA Server?

mstawchansky
Level 4

Upgraded from version 10.0.2.1043

New version is 10.0.4.1060.

This appears to happen for the majority of clients, I have one Domain Admin who appears to have a working client on his laptop.

Upgrading the client on the DA server produced the same problem. Clients are Windows 7 for remote, the DA server is Windows 2008 R2 SP1.

TonySterling

Can you do the installation whilst creating a log file? Use something like this:

msiexec /I "<path_to_MSI_installer>\Symantec Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator Client.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /L*v C:\ClientInstallLog.log

mstawchansky
Level 4

Yep, done. What should I look to grep out for in it?

TonySterling

If you can, attach it to your reply here.  If not, you want to look for any warnings or errors.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Does the Fresh install works? 

As per http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

you need to reinstall the client, did you try that ?

mstawchansky
Level 4

Thanks, here you go.

mstawchansky
Level 4

Fresh install doesn't work.

Multiple times, different hosts. I did just try downloading the ISO again and getting a fresh copy of the client. No go still.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Are you trying to install in a terminal service enviornment ? Did you try the silent install option .?

It seems there is an issue with the installer package , could try downloading it again .

TonySterling

It would seem from the previous post that the OP has tried that and the issue persists.

At this point, I would suggest opening a case with Symantec directly.

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, mstawchansky;

You've not provided an update in over a month, so I'm hoping you've been able to work through this issue to get it successfully resolved.  If not, here is some additional information that may be of help.

As you mentioned, the client installation was successful.  That is seen in the intallation log that you provided.  The log shows the folder containing the installation '.msi' file is  'C:\DA\' and that the installation file is named 'Symantec Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator Client.msi'.  The installation path is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator\', which tells me that you're using the command line to install the DA Client using the TARGETDIR argrument.  I also see that you're using the ALLUSERS=1 argument so that any user of the machine can launch the DA Client.

The report also tells me that

1. you are installing the DA 10.0.4 Client.  If you have any cumulative hotfix (CHF) installed on the DA server, you'll need to install that CHF's version of the DA Client.

2. it appears that you may be using roaming profiles, such as being logged onto a Citrix server.  Please note that we don't officially support the DA Client installation on a Citrix (or Terminal Services) server as there can be other issues experienced with such an installation.

If you've not been able to resolve this issue successfully, please provide us with the client trace log so we can see if there are any errors thrown into it when the client crashes.  Let us know if you need the location of that client trace log, please.