cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator 8 Search

crisko855
Not applicable

Hello,

I have to search and export all of a users email, xyz@abc.com, emails for the last 5 years but exclude about 40 names and domains from this search. Anyone know if there is a limit to how many names you can exclude from a search? I don't have analyics enabled and wonder if that is the best method to be doing this? I ran the following search but did not get any hits.

xyz@abc.com -domain1 - domain2 - domain3...etc

Suggestions?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There isn't a limit to the criteria AFAIK.  Just know, the more criteria you have the longer the search will take.

View solution in original post

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, crisko855;

I tested this in my 11.0.1 CHF2 lab and found that you'll need to configure your search as follows in the 'To or From' field:

Enter into the 'To or From' field the criteria as follows:

xyz@abc.com - domain1

xyz@abc.com -domain2

xyz@abc.com -domain3

xyz@abc.com -domain40

Then, change the 'Any of' selection to 'All of'.  This change to 'All of' is the critical part that will get you the results you want.

Please check it out and let us know if that resolved your issue or not.  I believe it will based on my lab testing results.

Kind regards,

Ken

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There isn't a limit to the criteria AFAIK.  Just know, the more criteria you have the longer the search will take.

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, crisko855;

I tested this in my 11.0.1 CHF2 lab and found that you'll need to configure your search as follows in the 'To or From' field:

Enter into the 'To or From' field the criteria as follows:

xyz@abc.com - domain1

xyz@abc.com -domain2

xyz@abc.com -domain3

xyz@abc.com -domain40

Then, change the 'Any of' selection to 'All of'.  This change to 'All of' is the critical part that will get you the results you want.

Please check it out and let us know if that resolved your issue or not.  I believe it will based on my lab testing results.

Kind regards,

Ken