cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator 9.0.9214 Questions

lpaull
Level 3

I am new to Discovery Accelerator, and we have new customers requiring reports from it.  Would someone be able to answer these questions at a high-level?  I am scheduled for training at the end of this month, but we have people waiting for some answers. 

1. Is there an easy way to print the results?  I haven't found much help on printing.  Seems when you print from the Review window all is find as long as the attachments are documents or PDFs, but Excel spreadsheets print as text.  If you print from Explorer, and print more than one it has a problem opening up .PDF attachments saying it can't find them. 
  2. Has anyone seen that even though Analytics are enabled a duplicate has been produced?  I have a document that to me looks exact.  I printed it to compare and the IDs are different but all the text, date, time, subject, etc. look exact. 
  3. Another customer wants to know if an e-mail can be tagged one way and the attachment another, and if the attachment is the only relevant one if the e-mail has to be produced also. 

Thanks for any help you can give me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hello There,

Here are my answers inline...

Q1 : Is there an easy way to print the results?  I haven't found much help on printing.  Seems when you print from the Review window all is find as long as the attachments are documents or PDFs, but Excel spreadsheets print as text.  If you print from Explorer, and print more than one it has a problem opening up .PDF attachments saying it can't find them. 

Ans : Discovery Accelerator doesn't give variety of options as far as the directly printing of item is concerned. Mostly because the primary use case is to take the items out in native format. It is possible that you can take the print out from Review screen, but I don't think it gives the option to collect everything as a PDF and then take a print out.

Q2 : Has anyone seen that even though Analytics are enabled a duplicate has been produced?  I have a document that to me looks exact.  I printed it to compare and the IDs are different but all the text, date, time, subject, etc. look exact. 

Ans : If you wish to exclude the duplicate items from your export/production run then you will need to select "Exclude Duplicate items" option ( which is visible in Export UI of DA Client). It would be helpful if you can give precise details about this problem, hopefully I will be able to help you out. 

Q3 : Another customer wants to know if an e-mail can be tagged one way and the attachment another, and if the attachment is the only relevant one if the e-mail has to be produced also. 

Ans : As far as marking/tagging is concerned, it happens at the item level ( and not at the attachment level ) . Email and the attachment is not considered as separate from each other, hence when you will produce the email, both main item and attachments will get produced as is.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alok

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hello There,

Here are my answers inline...

Q1 : Is there an easy way to print the results?  I haven't found much help on printing.  Seems when you print from the Review window all is find as long as the attachments are documents or PDFs, but Excel spreadsheets print as text.  If you print from Explorer, and print more than one it has a problem opening up .PDF attachments saying it can't find them. 

Ans : Discovery Accelerator doesn't give variety of options as far as the directly printing of item is concerned. Mostly because the primary use case is to take the items out in native format. It is possible that you can take the print out from Review screen, but I don't think it gives the option to collect everything as a PDF and then take a print out.

Q2 : Has anyone seen that even though Analytics are enabled a duplicate has been produced?  I have a document that to me looks exact.  I printed it to compare and the IDs are different but all the text, date, time, subject, etc. look exact. 

Ans : If you wish to exclude the duplicate items from your export/production run then you will need to select "Exclude Duplicate items" option ( which is visible in Export UI of DA Client). It would be helpful if you can give precise details about this problem, hopefully I will be able to help you out. 

Q3 : Another customer wants to know if an e-mail can be tagged one way and the attachment another, and if the attachment is the only relevant one if the e-mail has to be produced also. 

Ans : As far as marking/tagging is concerned, it happens at the item level ( and not at the attachment level ) . Email and the attachment is not considered as separate from each other, hence when you will produce the email, both main item and attachments will get produced as is.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alok