cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator 9.0-SP2 Analytics Issue

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner

I've used this forum as a reference: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/cannot-enable-analytics

Under the solution the first SQL query shows me that Full text seach is not enabled under the instance name. The second query for the Customer DB and Vault Store DB's show that Full text seach is enable by showing a "1" under the SQL column.

Analytics is showing errors in Discovery Accelerator when trying to enable it, and the Seach Terms "Drop down" arrows are greyed out. I'm wondering if this is related to "Full Text Search" not being enalbed in SQL. We are running SQL 2008 SP2.

Is this a correct assumption? Do we still need to enable full text search in SQL if the customer database is showing that it is enabled? I can't seem to find the FDhost service in "SQL configuration manager".

Please adivse,
Thanks,
D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Walk through this technote:

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH75608

Make sure the Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher service is installed and started.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Walk through this technote:

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH75608

Make sure the Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher service is installed and started.

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

How did you get along implementing the steps in TECH75608?  Tony is correct in referencing this TechNote as your SQL Server must be configured to allow Full Text Indexing for Analytics to work.  The steps in the TechNote will get Full Text Indexing enabled on the SQL instance.

The 'SQL Full-Text Fiter Daemon Launcher' and 'SQL Server Analysis Services' must be set to Automatic startup and running, plus the full-text database feature must be enabed by running the stored procedure noted in the TechNote.

Also be sure you have plenty of free space on the drive hosting the analytics files.  This drive can be confirmed by looking in the properties of the DA Customer through the EVBAAdmin site (must be logged onto the DA server as the Vault Service Account to access this site).

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner

We have not been able to apply the TECHNOTE yet due to other ongoing issues. However I will "Mark" the above as a solution once the change is implemented. I've checked another instance in our LAB and I was able to enable "Analytics" as that SQL instance was running those services.

However after checking this instance in our LAB and noticing that those services were running; I still have an issue in Discovery Accelerator that I assumed it would be resolved once Analytics was enabled. :(

The "Drop Down" arrow where you can see the "Any of" option is not functional within a "Search Term" field. Discovery Accelerator is being tested with Evault FSA. Is this normal functionality? Or, settings missed at my end?

Thanks for your help!

D.

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6

The "Any of" option requires that you enter criteria on multiple lines to become active.  For example, if your "To or from" field has

Ken Adams

on one line, then the "Any of'" option will not be allowed to change, and the search criteria would look like

Ken AND Adams

when passed to the search engine.

If the "To or from" field has

Ken

Adams

the "Any of" option will then become enabled to change and allow you to change to "All of" if you want.

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner

Ken,

Thank you! I wish all issues seen at my end can be resolved that quickly. By the way...we confirmed that Tony's article resolved our problem with Analytics.

Take Care,

D

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6

You're welcome.  Glad to have been of assistance.