cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator - Hits vs Export Items - Part 2

tmurray1
Level 5

Hello,

I posted a question related to the title before but things have changed since my last post, I upgraded from 8 to 9.  I am now running EV9 SP3 and DA 9 SP3.  When the customer attempts an export she finds that the total number of export items is less than the total search hits.  We are not purposely excluding any item during the export (e.g. items = all, mark = all, etc.).  The first export she performed under this case did produce 100% of the items.  I think I am seeing the affects of the dedup feature for this next export but need to know for sure.  Any ideas?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That will probably be it.  To get those options to show you have to do a couple things for cases created prior to EV 9.

Take a look at DAReadMeFirst_en.htm, it has a section on the de-duplication features.

You can use the following deduplication features in old cases and folders after you upgrade to Discovery Accelerator 9.0. However, you must take some additional steps to make the features available.

• The option to stack duplicate items in the Review pane.
  • The option to exclude duplicate items when you perform an export run or production run.

In cases and folders where you did not enable analytics before you upgraded to Discovery Accelerator 9.0, you must enable analytics after you upgrade to make these features available. If you did enable analytics before you upgraded then, after you upgrade, you must disable analytics and then reenable it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

Couple things, is she doing an Export or Production?  Items can be exported many times but only produced once.

Under Options, she isn't checking the box to Exclude duplicate items is she?

How far off are the counts?

tmurray1
Level 5

Hello,

I ended up opening a case with support.  While troubleshooting we used the review screen to look at search results and found many duplicate/similar items. 

I checked the Options section...there is no checkbox for Excluding duplicate items. This case was created under DA8 SP4.

The difference between hits and total export items is 623 (631-8). 

Thanks!!

TonySterling

That will probably be it.  To get those options to show you have to do a couple things for cases created prior to EV 9.

Take a look at DAReadMeFirst_en.htm, it has a section on the de-duplication features.

You can use the following deduplication features in old cases and folders after you upgrade to Discovery Accelerator 9.0. However, you must take some additional steps to make the features available.

• The option to stack duplicate items in the Review pane.
  • The option to exclude duplicate items when you perform an export run or production run.

In cases and folders where you did not enable analytics before you upgraded to Discovery Accelerator 9.0, you must enable analytics after you upgrade to make these features available. If you did enable analytics before you upgraded then, after you upgrade, you must disable analytics and then reenable it.