cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator Manager Web site Exception 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException'

leogali
Level 3
Partner Accredited

After installing Enterprsie Vault 8SP4 with Discovery Accelerator on the same server and SQL on a dedicated, I created a new Customer at the Discovery Accelerator Manager Web site http://localhost/evbaadmin/.
After creating the new customer, restart iExplorer and reopening the Discovery Accelerator Manager Web site I get the Exception 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' on the site (more exception information see Attachement). The "Server" field is empty and it is not possilble to put a server name in. The Discovery Accelerator Client on a XP client is not able to connect the DA Server because "The server is not configured, please try again later".

I'm new with EV and DA. What can I ckeck to fix the exception? Thanks
Michael
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
You commented in your initial post that SQL is on a separate server from the EV/DA server.  I see in the screen shot of the cusotmer properties that the SQL server name specified (EFM-EV01) is the same name as the EV/DA server.  I also see that you have the Virtual Directory for the customer set to be named 'api'.  We recommend having the Customer, Virtual Directory and database names the same to avoid confusion when working with Support.

So, if EFM-EV01 is NOT your SQL Server's name, delete the Customer from the EVBAAdmin site, then recreate the Customer and specify the SQL Server's name in the 'SQL Server:' field.  You can keep the Customer, Virtual Directory and database names as you have them if you wish.  Just be sure you carefully document those names to help avoid any confusion.

Ken

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

When creating the customer site and specifying an IIS directory for the customer, I think you might of used EVBAAdmin as opposed to EVBADiscovery.

Once you are creating the customer it will make sense :)

leogali
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi Mohawk, after installation I used EVBAdmin as described in the DA Installation Guide and I could create new customers. So everthing was fine. But it was not possible to make a connection with the DA-Client to the DA-Server. After iExplorer restart (and EV reboot and SQL reboot) I've got the Exception 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' at the EVBAdmin site. So now I could not change my customers or create new customers, as done before.

A EVADiscovery site is not available because this site is not configured in the iis of the DA-Server.

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Looking at the screen shot of the DA Customer properties, your specified account in the 'Administrator user or group' field is not valid (hence the red exclamation mark under the field).  That alone should not cause the error as the Customer should not have been created.

If you are running EV and DA on a Windows Server 2008 machine, ensure that all 3 firewalls are disabled and that UAC has also been disabled while creating the DA Customer.  We have seen several issues with these firewalls and UAC enabled while attempting to create DA Customers.

Also, if you are using Symantec Endpoint Protection on the EV/DA and SQL Servers, disable it on both servers while attempting to create the DA Customer.  SEP can be re-enabled after the customer creation has completed.

If possible, please uninstall DA from the EV server and install DA on a separate server that only has the EV setup program run to install the EV files.  DA does not need any EV services running on the DA server in order to function.  It only needs the EV binaries (exe and dll files) installed in order to communicate with the EV services running on the indexing / storage server(s).  Having DA on a separate server will improve the overall system performance as you won't have as many competing processes attempting to use the same resources.

Finally, ensure you've uploaded the DA license through the EVBAAdmin site once you've regained access to it.  You should have been prompted to browse to the license file during the DA installation, but it never hurts to double check and ensure it is present.

Ken

leogali
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks for you advise Ken. Now I disabled all Firewalls and UAC on EV/DA & SQL Server. I don't use Enpoint protection at this time. I deinstalled DA, deleted the DB's and reinstalled the DA on the EV Server (not separate EV Server). After this I created a new customer with a new EVConfiguration_Data DB. Then I restarted the EV Acelerator Service. In the DA Client I can connet to the EV Server, see a Instance, but cannot connect with "Instance unavailable...an administrator must upgrade it before clients can connect". I did a "Retry Upgrade" in the EVBAdmin but I get the Exception "The connections's current state is closed" (see Screenshot). Any Idea to open the connection?

leogali
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Here a Event Log from the EV Server (System & Application Log) from my reinstall yesterday.
8to11AM (de-install, re-install, create customer, open DA client) -> Same Error Message again in EVBAAdmin "The connections's current state is closed"

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
You commented in your initial post that SQL is on a separate server from the EV/DA server.  I see in the screen shot of the cusotmer properties that the SQL server name specified (EFM-EV01) is the same name as the EV/DA server.  I also see that you have the Virtual Directory for the customer set to be named 'api'.  We recommend having the Customer, Virtual Directory and database names the same to avoid confusion when working with Support.

So, if EFM-EV01 is NOT your SQL Server's name, delete the Customer from the EVBAAdmin site, then recreate the Customer and specify the SQL Server's name in the 'SQL Server:' field.  You can keep the Customer, Virtual Directory and database names as you have them if you wish.  Just be sure you carefully document those names to help avoid any confusion.

Ken

leogali
Level 3
Partner Accredited

The server field is filled if you create a new customer with evbaadmin, but it is not filled with the sql server name! :(

Thank you Ken, this was the solution! I deleted the customer, create a new customer and changed server name in the server field. The customer was now created and I could open the DA client with connecting the DA server and the customer instance! I'm happy :)

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
Mark it as solved then dude :)

leogali
Level 3
Partner Accredited
done