Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator Removing\deleting emails from archives

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Hi

I'd like to know if DA can remove emails from EV once it has completed a search.

The scenario is that our company needs to seperate emails with particular content into a different archiving solution for compliance reasons. So we can find all the relevant emails via DA across the user base and export these into a PST. But I then need to remove these emails from EV so the export becomes the only copy which I can then import into a different system.

So can DA delete the emails from the archives itself or do I need a different approach once I've exported all the necessary information?

many thanks

Keir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
DA has no ability to delete content from EV. The only way to delete specific items like th is is to identify the saveset and vault ID and use that to then manually delete the items using something like deleteo2k

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
DA has no ability to delete content from EV. The only way to delete specific items like th is is to identify the saveset and vault ID and use that to then manually delete the items using something like deleteo2k

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Thanks Liam

What would be your thoughts if things were simplified a bit :o)

Say we did a search for all the relevent information and this returned hits from 100 different users. Would it be fairly straight forward to export the entire archive of all these 100 users to PST and then delete their archives. I'd understand that in this instance the content exported is all the information we need plus a load of emails that weren't needed but the primary objective of removing the critical information would be achieved. These users could then be set up with new archives and their old archives kept as pst's if needed.

Albeit a bit 'outside of the box' would that be possible?

Reagrds

Keir

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This thread is a duplicate of this:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/exporting-emails-da-and-then-deleting

Please post any additional comments there.