cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator Search Help

Matthew_Kimler
Level 5

I am attempting to just run a search between two individuals without turning on Analytics. I've read a document by Symantec and have attempted to the do the following but this does not seem to work:

In a new search, I set the search field to "To" and specify "Any of" and the two individuals. Then I add another search term and add "From", "Any Of" and the same two people. However, it seems to use the two search terms as an OR between them. I want the search to meet both criterias.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you tried it this way?
using any of
To: Bob
     John

Bob

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
If you set the User1 in the To and User2 in the From do you get hits?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Try adding more than just the users SMTP address in the search

the SMTP address alone will not always return the necessary hits but if you specify the different ways the users ID can be seen by your email client then it will encompass all variations of how the user ID is displayed in the email and will increase your result accuracy  

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
If you want the search to include both of the parties your must use the "All" statement in the TO and FROM windows.

The results would be only emails or data that pertained to both parties.  Not one OR the other.

Judy

Matthew_Kimler
Level 5
It seems to be more around when there are multiple custodians used in a search. For example, doing the folllowing:

To and From:    Bob
                            John

To and From:    John
                            Bob

That produces everything sent to and from both no matter who it is. But, if I do the following below, I just get mail to and from Bob and John.

To and From:    Bob

To and From:   John

I have to then do another search for the opposite pairing. This cannot be by design. The statements between the two fields should be requiring both criterias to match. Does that make sense?

TonySterling
Have you tried it this way?
using any of
To: Bob
     John

Bob

MXSYKES
Level 3

We have multiple Archives at our company and so we have many custodians added to each one. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a report of all the custodians in each archive database ? We have over 500 usesr on Litigation hold and we are adding more everyday. I would like to avoid having to manually sign into each archive to check which users are on Lit hold. Thanks.

TonySterling

You really should start a new thread and not re-open one that is this old and marked solved.

Thanks,