cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator - Search results, can you review without accepting

Davismisbehavis
Level 4

I'm working with Discovery Accelerator at the moment and I'm wondering what the story is with the search functionality within a case

You create a case and you do your search/ searches.  Now as far as I can tell the only means of review to see if your search results are right is the number of records returned?  that's why the underlined statement below in the DA help confuses the hell out of me.

The only way I can look at the results is by accepting them for review,  Once I have done that I can't modify the search if it wasn't right.  Because I can't then remove an incorrect search I have to delete the case and start again.  I have to say it seems to me to be one of the most unintuative features of the whole system and I'm a lead infrastructure analyst who put EV and a SAN in,  what the hell happens when I unleash this on the users?!?!?!?  They are going to go nuts!!

Can someone confirm if this is the correct understanding of how it should operate,  it's doing my head in!!

When you have created a case, you must search for information to include in it. This process involves the following activities:

• Running one or more searches on the relevant vault stores for suitable information. Discovery Accelerator offers a wide range of search criteria from which to choose: words and phrases to look for, date ranges, message size, author and recipient addresses, and more.

• Studying the search results to assess their suitability, and then either accepting or rejecting the results.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
That is incorrect.  You CAN review the results of a search in DA before accepting the results. They do not show up in the review sets but if you click the Results button you
can review your results. This is for DA 8, but DA 2k7 has similar functionality.

You can see my search is pending but I am reviewing my results.  (with limited functionality as I can not mark the messages until I accept them.)
imagebrowser image

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Maverik
Level 6
Unfortunately this is the way it is meant to behave.  Quite simply to meet compliance standards.  The idea of DA is a application that can produce results that can be contributed as evidence in court.  You can review the results and refject/mark/filter relevant data as you see fit, but what you cannot do is manipluate the search criteria.  I am not a lawyer, but the only reason I can think of this is manipulate results, but I can assure you it is there for  a reason and not to be difficult.

Dont forget that you still have the ability to search against a journal for example, using normal search functionality before submitting any search to DA.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
That is incorrect.  You CAN review the results of a search in DA before accepting the results. They do not show up in the review sets but if you click the Results button you
can review your results. This is for DA 8, but DA 2k7 has similar functionality.

You can see my search is pending but I am reviewing my results.  (with limited functionality as I can not mark the messages until I accept them.)
imagebrowser image

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
Tony,

I may be missing something...but I am running this version and ran a search in our LAB and did see the "Results" button.

Today I am running a search in production and in the LAB but cannot see the "Results" button. Does anyone know what are the steps that need to be followed to assure that this option is visible?

Thanks,
Dennis

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 If you click on the case Then highlight the search which results you want to review

The bottom of the screen you will see a Results tab
Click on this and it will display the results of your search

If you want to expand the reviewing screen click on the icon which will be in the blue bar on the middle window in your results screen (the icon looks like a miniature window with arrows pointing outward from each corner

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner

I am actually under the "Research" TAB and when I highlight the search I've just created. This seach still shows a "Pending Acceptance" status.

It only shows an "Archives" button at the bottom of the screen without a "Results" option next to it.

Thanks,
Dennis

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner

I am actually under the "Research" TAB and when I highlight the search I've just created. This seach still shows a "Pending Acceptance" status.

It only shows an "Archives" button at the bottom of the screen without a "Results" option next to it.

Thanks,
Dennis

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
oh ok

In the research screen  you get two options

Folders and Searches

Select Searches

At the bottom of the screen you will see the list of searches you have run in the research folder
Highlight the search you want to review

At the very bottom of the screen you will see tow tabs. Archives and Results (note results only shows up if you have a search selected as directed above)

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
That was the process followed for my search...however the results pane option does not appear even if the "Search" name has been selected.DA_ResultsIssue.jpg

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
Sorry...I couldn't get the screenshot to fit in order to show this, but the search name was selected prior to this screenshot.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Ah i see the issue there is a window between the two you see in the above screen shot where the actual searches are listed

If you move your mouse over the center bar which is above the column list in the bottom window (Archive Volume and so on) your cursor will change to being a vertical line with arrows pointing up and down. Click on the bar and drag it down. This should reveal the list of searches you have done under this folder.

Click on a search which will no appear in the Center window and at the bottom you will see that the Results tab will appear.

Click on the results tab and you will see the results of the search

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner

Screenshot did not display entire screen but the search name has been selected within the center bar and its in a "Pending Acceptance" state.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 Was the search still running? If the search is running it wont display the Results tab.

Did you make sure you clicked on the search in question?

To see the results option when a search is ongoing you need to click on the Monitor button on the main menu

I have done this and confirmed that the results are shown when you click on the search in the screen you provided in the above post

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
Search has been completed and is now in a "Pending Acceptance" status. My "Search" name shows a BLUE color rectangle after I select the search name.

I am starting to think that the "Results" option is only visible when a search is executed under the "Cases" option on the top of the screen, and it does not appear when running a search under the "Research" option at the top of the screen.

I have received your email and will include this same text in my REPLY.

Thanks again,
Dennis

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
Search has been completed and is now in a "Pending Acceptance" status. My "Search" name shows a BLUE color rectangle after I select the search name.

I am starting to think that the "Results" option is only visible when a search is executed under the "Cases" option on the top of the screen, and it does not appear when running a search under the "Research" option at the top of the screen.

I have received your email and will include this same text in my REPLY.

Thanks again,
Dennis

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
I wanted to keep everyone posted that this issue has been resolved. I was not using the same account as the one used when the folder was created under the case name.

i wrongly selected the search and it is accepting mode. how i can stop the accepting. any resolution