cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator Template No Longer Exists?

Matthew_Kimler
Level 5

Hey folks. I have a new dialog box popping up since an upgrade to version 10 of Discovery Accelerator. Has anyone seen this:

Browsing Searches

The template on which you based this search no longer exists and cannot be used as a template as the basis for future  searches.

That message only appears when a search result is rejected. After hitting okay to that notification, I'm taken back to the search options and can save the search to run it again and it runs fine. The reason I'm rejecting the search is because I'm doing some EV 10 index upgrades and sometimes a search goes off while I'm doing that which causes some index search errors that I don't want to saved in a case. 

5 REPLIES 5

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, Matthew;

This is the first I've heard of your issue.  What specific version of DA 10 are you using?  I'll see if I can reproduce the issue with that version and, if I can, do some logging to see where the error is coming from.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Also, what version did you upgrade from?

Are the templates from searches ran before the upgrade?

If you create a new search, accept it and then run another search based on that template do you see the same pop up?

Matthew_Kimler
Level 5

The Discovery Accelerator version is 10.0.3. The upgrade was from 9.0.4. 

In response to Tony, that is accurate. The error occurs when you create a new case, perform a search, and then create a second search using the first search as a template. Have the search set to not automatically accept the search results, and then when the search is complete, reject the results. That's when I get the dialog box. Hitting OK just puts you back to the search options but there is no other error. 

However, I think I may have discovered an additional piece that may be the cause. During the testing of the DA upgrade, I changed the target archives selected or new archives had been synchronized. I'm wondering if that's the reason the template thinks it's changing.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That could be it but I am just not sure that would do it.  I think the best thing to do is open a case with Symantec as neither Ken nor myself have ever seen this error it might be something new.  (Maybe they could name if for you! wink)

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Matthew, have you opened a support case for this, or have you found the cause on your own?