cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator v9 Email attachments

JF_Smith
Not applicable

Is there a way using Discovery Accelerator v9 to check if a user opened an attachment sent in an email?  My company journals all emails and we need to know if it is possible to check if an email was viewed and if an attachment was viewed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry, but no that is not going to be possible via the journal archive.  I also doubt it could be done looking at the users mailbox archive either.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry, but no that is not going to be possible via the journal archive.  I also doubt it could be done looking at the users mailbox archive either.

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hello There,

There is nothing available through Exchange Mailbox or Journal Archiving that can tell Discovery Accelerator about whether user has opened the email or not. I doubt if there is any MAPI property which can give that information. 

Also if you observe the way Exchange Outlook Client works, user can put read / unread flag on any item as many times as he wants. Journaling on the Exchange side happens at the same time when an email is delivered to any user, hence I don't think it tracks information of read/unread status of an email.

Cheers,

Alok