cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Search on specific attachment name

pbyrne
Level 3

Using Accelerator 7.0

Can I search for an attachment with a specific name? From the help it seems I can just specify the type of extension rather than the name before the file type e.g.  all documents sent in a defined  time period called  "symantec.doc". 

This doesn't seem to be possible. It looks like I have to search for all .doc's within that period or know some content of the file to find it. All I know is the name.

From help

Extension

Specifies the file name extensions of particular types of attachments for which to search. Separate the extensions with space characters. For example, type the following to search for items with HTML or Microsoft Excel file attachments:

.htm .xls

If you specify one or more attachment types, only the attachments are searched, and not the items that contain them. For example, you cannot search for items that have a specific word in their subject line or content and that contain a specific type of attachment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Check out this link.
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/discovery-accelerator-hidden-searchable-items

This section may be what you are looking for

Attachments only: the subject/title of the top-level item The item you would be searching under is tsub

Read the Article I'm sure it will help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Check out this link.
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/discovery-accelerator-hidden-searchable-items

This section may be what you are looking for

Attachments only: the subject/title of the top-level item The item you would be searching under is tsub

Read the Article I'm sure it will help

pbyrne
Level 3
Thanks for that. I'll have a look.

Thx

Peter

pbyrne
Level 3
Had a look and don't have the "Other Attribute:" section as shown in your link.

I had a look in the Search options of  System Configuration. The only thing that looks like a possibility is enabled i.e. "Enable custom search attributes".  Is there another setting I have to turn on to see the "Other Attribute:" field?

Peter

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
what version of DA are you using? If you are using DA8 then it is different as DA8 uses a fat client on the users PC whereas DA7.5 or lower uses a web interface.

let me know the version please

pbyrne
Level 3
I'm using Accelerator 7.0 with a web frontend.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Seems strange you dont have the Other Attribute which is inside the Miscellaneous at the bottom of the DA screen when you create a new search

Put a screen shot of your DA search screen here so we can see what you are seeing

I'm interested in seening the bottom of the new search screen of your DA

I know i can see this option on my DA 7.5 screen