cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8.0.4 on Windows 2003 R2 32-bit - OK with DA 9.0.2 on Windows 2008 R2 64-bit

goatboy
Level 6

Hi

Running EV 8.0.4 on Windows 2003 R2 32-bit.

I want to add DA.

Can I have DA 9.0.2 on Windows 2008 R2 64-bit in the current EV environment? I believe it's OK from reading the compatibility guide.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

As per Upgrade path instruction " Starting with CA and/or DA 8.0 SP3, the version of CA or DA must be greater than or equal to the installed version of EV. For example, if EV 8.0 SP4 is installed, CA and/or DA must also be at the 8.0 SP4 or greater release.

Note : The Discovery Accelerator Version should be Equal / Higher than Enterprise Vault Server Version including Service Pack.

As per Compatibility Chart EV 8 can support DA 9.

It means in your case You are having EV 8 SP4 can support DA Version 8 SP4 and above. Menas DA 9 SP2 is supported in your environment.

Refer :

Supported upgrade paths for Enterprise Vault (EV), Compliance Accelerator (CA), Discovery Accelerator (DA) and Discovery Collector (DC).
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53174

If you have any query , please let me know. I am happy to assist you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

As per Upgrade path instruction " Starting with CA and/or DA 8.0 SP3, the version of CA or DA must be greater than or equal to the installed version of EV. For example, if EV 8.0 SP4 is installed, CA and/or DA must also be at the 8.0 SP4 or greater release.

Note : The Discovery Accelerator Version should be Equal / Higher than Enterprise Vault Server Version including Service Pack.

As per Compatibility Chart EV 8 can support DA 9.

It means in your case You are having EV 8 SP4 can support DA Version 8 SP4 and above. Menas DA 9 SP2 is supported in your environment.

Refer :

Supported upgrade paths for Enterprise Vault (EV), Compliance Accelerator (CA), Discovery Accelerator (DA) and Discovery Collector (DC).
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53174

If you have any query , please let me know. I am happy to assist you.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

One thing forgot to mentioned is before installing DA it is require to install EV Binaries on DA server as prereq. The point is the EV binaries which will install on DA server should match with current EV server binaries.

It means in your case EV binaries on DA server should be EV 8 SP4 and after that you can install DA 9 SP2.

It require because when DA search / export is running it communicate with EV server and fetch the data. Hence EV binaries install on DA server should match with EV server binaries.

goatboy
Level 6

Thanks very much, appreciate the confirmation!

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thanks for your reply. Really happy to assist you.